Any train promotion codes out there?

Options

Comments

• llcooldre
    Options
    you'd be lucky. Very over subscribed route anyway. You may, if you dont mind the length it will take you go into london then out again. I got £6 each way singles to brum last month from London so it all depends if you want cheap and long or pricey and direct

Thanks for that jeff, i have managed to find a much cheaper route. frrom brum to newcastle is 87 + but brum to london then london to brum will cost about 30 pound :money:. The train from newcastle to brum is only 30 quid
  • RachVG
    RachVG Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

ONE-WAY FROM LEEDS TO LONDON £10 OR
    YORK TO EDINBURGH £10.50

The Yorkshire Evening Post has again teamed up with East Coast to bring you an amazing rail offer this new year. Thousands of discounted Advance fares available just for you, such as Leeds and Wakefield to London for £10 or York to Edinburgh for just £10.50 - all one-way Standard fares.
    MAKE YOUR JOURNEY EXTRA SPECIAL
    Why not upgrade to First Class for an extra special experience? First Class fares start from as little as £35.50 each way to London from Leeds, York and Wakefield, or £32 one way from Doncaster. Alternatively, reach Edinburgh in complete comfort from £26.50 each way from Doncaster.

IT’S SIMPLE…
    All you have to do is collect four tokens from the Yorkshire Evening Post that will be printed everyday from Monday 31st December 2012 to Friday 18th January 2013, and fill in your details on the right hand side of this page. When you submit, you will be taken through to the East Coast Reader Offer site, which will guide you through the simple booking instructions. Four tokens will allow up to four people to travel.

PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE BY
    MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 16 JANUARY 2013.

WHEN TO TRAVEL
    Reader Offer fares are available for travel between Monday 14th January 2013 and Friday 22nd March 2013, excluding 15 – 24 February 2013 (inclusive), for travel on off-peak services. When you travel, you must have your train ticket, seat reservation and tokens with you as you'll need to show these when requested by the train guard.

T&C's and to book here

I've booked two singles, York to London and back again, using this deal and I've got my 8 tokens from the paper.

Is there any specific way I need to have them? The last time I used one of these newspaper offers, a couple of days during the run they printed a token form to stick them on and hand in when the inspector comes around. But there doesn't seem to have been one of those this time (I missed the first day but that's all) - shall I just cut them out and have the four of them ready? Should I stick them together on a bit of paper? Or should I keep the full area of the promotion - it was a half page in the paper each day that it ran. Suggestions welcome! :D
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Rainbow Day at Salisbury Train Station
    Unlimited travel on the South West Trains network for £10 on Saturday, 23 February 2013.

Submit details and obtain voucher for redemption at Salisbury ticket office between Wednesday, 20 February and Saturday, 23 February.

Full details:
    http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/rainbowday.aspx
    a link to the terms and conditions is also on that page.
  • miller
    Options
    Redspottedhanky are doing a Fantasy Grand Prix league where loyalty points can be earnt for discounts off future purchases. More details on their page:

http://fantasygp.games-redspottedhanky.com/?utm_source=redspottedhanky&utm_medium=banner&utm_term=&utm_content=home%20page%20&utm_campaign=gpgame
  • ole20
    ole20 Posts: 218 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No use to me as I don't live in Hull, but First Hull Trains are currently offering 2 return tickets to London for £89.

Details here: http://www.hulltrains.co.uk/offers/mothers-day/
  • miller
    Options
    Rainbow Day at Eastleigh Train Station
    Unlimited travel on the South West Trains network for £10 on Saturday, 20 April 2013.

Submit details and obtain voucher for redemption at Salisbury ticket office between Wednesday, 17 April and Saturday, 20 April.

Full details:
    http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/rainbowday.aspx
    a link to the terms and conditions is also on that page.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Southern Railway have a sale of 10% off when buying Off Peak or Super Off peak tickets online.

Sale ends 15 June 2013.

For more details see their website.
  • miller
    Options
    Looks like a decent offer. I did a quick test and the journey does not have to be wholly on Southern - just the fare set by Southern. e.g. Dorking Deepdene to Brighton would qualify for the offer.

The fare setter can be determined by entering the journey into www.brfares.com . As a rule of thumb generally if the majority of the journey is on Southern, it will be them who sets the price. This map might help: www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/content/London_South_East.pdf
  • miller
    Options
    It also works on Travelcards, so an Off-Peak Day Travelcard from Epsom to Zones 1-6 costs £8.80. A saving of 10p for anyone just wanting a Travelcard!
  • miller
    Options
    Enter code ECOAST10 at www.railcard.co.uk to receive 10% off the £28 cost of:

Family & Friends Railcard
    16-25 Railcard
    Senior Railcard

Ends 23.59 18 May 2013
    Full details:
    http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/railcard10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income