Any train promotion codes out there?

Options

Comments

• Jonny55
    Jonny55 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Yes, you can walk as Euston is in London - no code needed!

Ha! Sorry my mistake, I meant London Euston to Liverpool or Runcorn for middle of this month. Thanks.
  • Jonny55
    Jonny55 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    My post 1767 is wrong - I meant to say, does anyone have any discount/promo codes for London Euston to Liverpool or Runcorn for middle of this month? Thanks.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jonny55 wrote: »
    My post 1767 is wrong - I meant to say, does anyone have any discount/promo codes for London Euston to Liverpool or Runcorn for middle of this month? Thanks.
    Wed 15th May 11.07, 12.07 and 13.07 hours - all at £26
    Thurs 16th 5.27 hours for £19 or 5.39hours or 20.39 hours for £20 via Virgin
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Stryper wrote: »
    Thanks to HUKDeals: 10 GBP discount for travels to and from St. Patrick International for EastMidlandsTrains:
    www. eastmidlandstrains. co.uk/come-back-may
    valid until 31 May

Last time this was run, it could be used to get a travelcard when using Luton as the outboundary station.

https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/come-back-may

So a travelcard could be had for £5.50 or 25p with a railcard.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jonny55 wrote: »

Try megatrain

and try the slower London Midland trains which are always cheaper - even on the day they can have good prices

In general you get cheap by booking ahead - promotion codes whilst not unknown are rare
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any student railcard discount codes about? About to buy a new Railcard for my Daughter Thanks
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone ? Hoping to purchase this week. Thanks
  • PoppyGirl
    PoppyGirl Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody know any discounts I could get for a Glasgow - Leeds return in August. The 12 week cheaper tickets have just been released but still £47 each way, was looking to pay that return!
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 May 2013 at 9:48AM
    Options
    PoppyGirl wrote: »
    Does anybody know any discounts I could get for a Glasgow - Leeds return in August. The 12 week cheaper tickets have just been released but still £47 each way, was looking to pay that return!

You will get a bigger discount if you have a little patience

The £47 tickets are on Cross Country via Edinburgh - if you are interested in saving money do not travel that way.

You can - now - buy £42 tickets via Carlisle and Appleby. As they are anytime there's no point - they will be the same price on the day.

Cheap tickets via Carlisle have not been released yet - when they are you should expect to pay about £22 each way if you are not too fussy about times - a bit more if you are. They look to be about a week behind Cross Country in releasing tickets

Also via Carlisle and Appleby there's a £52.50 anytime return - so don't pay more than that

Put via Appleby in the journey planner to single out the trains that way - it's not all trains via Carlisle
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sheilavw wrote: »
    Any student railcard discount codes about? About to buy a new Railcard for my Daughter Thanks

You can get it for £15 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers:
    http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=2021&%20bci=4294967191|Travel*4294958884|Transport

Or an effective £20 discount if you opt for the 3-year version online:
    http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/

Some student bank accounts used to provide free 16-25 railcards, but I do not know of any existing offers. Might be worth checking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure