Forum Home» Public Transport & Cycling

Any train promotion codes out there?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Any train promotion codes out there?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
1.8K replies 828.2K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user
0 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
get £1 off train tickets over £10 at https://www.thetrainline.com before the end of July using the code 1GBPOFF

Replies

• daveyokdaveyok Forumite
    6 posts
    Does anyone know of how to get cheaper rail tickets (than advertised on trainline etc). Any promotions on at the moment I haven't heard about? I need to get from Newcastle to Aberdeen in August but don't fancy driving and the only flights seem to be BA (£120+).

• daveyokdaveyok Forumite
    6 posts
    I got on the old 'dog and phone' and spoke directly to GNER; result - £28 return. It just shows that the net is not always cheapest!
  • sos_3sos_3 Forumite
    10 posts
    Can anyone help with any trainline or First Great Western discount codes/vouchers please????

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • David_BrentDavid_Brent Forumite
    697 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    £1 off thetrainline.com enter: 1GBPOFF (min spend is £10)
    !"£$%^&*()
  • sos_3sos_3 Forumite
    10 posts
    It's coming up as an incorrect promotion code..had already tried that - thanks anyway!! Any more??!

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • menniemennie Forumite
    493 posts
    I am looking to travel from London to Newcastle in september. I saw they were advertising £20 return but now the best price they have available is £60. Does anyone know of any promo codes, or ways to get cheaper fares?

BTW I am new to this site and its addictive. Nice One!!!!
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • paulie558paulie558 Forumite
    763 posts
    If you don't mind National express coach instead of the train,loads of fares avalible for 3 pound each way in september(have to be a bit flexible)
    https://www.nationalexpress.co.uk
  • menniemennie Forumite
    493 posts
    Thanks paulie but I have had to book now £102.90 for 2 return london to newcastle!!!! :-[

I have sent them a stinking email about the way my enquires were dealt with, they were rude and unhelpful!! Lets see how I get on ::)
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • sevlowsevlow Forumite
    227 posts
    I regularly travel from Birmingham to Newcastle and use qjump to purchase tickets.

Use the site to try several dates and times - you can get better deals if you travel off-peak.
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • JaneyjazJaneyjaz Forumite
    544 posts
    Hello, I have booked the cheap fares and the times seem to be : the 11.30am from Kings Cross, then the 10.00pm from Kings Cross and the 18.22 from Durham to Kings Cross, I have successfully booked at 20.00 pounds per person (actually somebody published a pound off voucher code on here, but it expired 31st July) - hope this helps
    Titch :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support