Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wan't sure if you would be old enough to get the reference;)
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,044 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ha ha, I don't think I was around first time round, but I wasn't that long after! However my 10 yo niece loves that song!

By the way I woke up at the time I was supposed to be leaving to get the train so everything hinges on the one train I can now get to arrive before dark. There's a country road that I'm not intending to go down on my own though I've done it a thousand times in the past. If I'm stuck I'll give the neighbour a ring at the far end: she's lovely and has offered to give me a lift. Annoying but at least I will have some time there.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    edited 26 January 2018 at 1:00AM
    Options
    That was a very brief (overnight) visit to work on the house, but the lady who usually does the garden has been cleaning indoors and it no longer looked as though it had been turned upside down and shaken. In fact some parts are looking miles better. I also worked my socks off and made some progress.

24/1/18
    Spends:
    Train (to reclaim from the estate) £59.10
    Housekeeping £0.19
    25/1/18
    Spends:
    Gift £21.99

MS stuff:
    4pt of milk reduced to 19p!
    Resisted coffee on the train, took my trusty flask
    Resisted buying bread in the village shop and made do with what I had in
    Used up some bananas.

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    For some reason I keep thinking it's February and therefore a 28 day month! :rotfl: Of course this would be a very good idea: January should be re-thought, as, coming straight after Christmas and having 31 days, there's too much of it. a 28 day January and a 31-day February would be better.

Anyway, we have five days not two till the end of the month but I still had most of this week's housekeeping left. I've now given £20 of it to DH who will have most of the shopping to do. I think we are okay for the budget as I have soups in the freezer, we aren't getting our takeaway tomorrow as DH has a meal out with friends, we are feeding four not eight on Sunday and I have quite a bit in stock. I'm left with £7.28 to last till 1st Feb. I could cheat and go over because there's £23 in the account but it gets complicated as I'd then have £17 to get out later. Going to go for it, shouldn't be too tricky, only need bread and fruit I think.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're okay Cherry x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    For some reason I keep thinking it's February and therefore a 28 day month! :rotfl: Of course this would be a very good idea: January should be re-thought, as, coming straight after Christmas and having 31 days, there's too much of it. a 28 day January and a 31-day February would be better.

I couldn't agree more, someone should rearrange it :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi cherry

Thought I would pop in and say hello

It must be hard going to sort out your mum's house. Have you found lots of things to make you smile?

I so admire you getting out to go running. I need to get out more but walking will be my choice though. I really don't have the figure for running

Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I'm fine thank you Wannabe. :) Good to have you feeling well enough to pop round again. :)

Work was incredibly quiet today so I got to send hours in the office catching up on admin. One massive piece out of the way, though loads more to do when I get the chance. Other than that it was supposed to be a quiet day and DH was supposed to be decorating but had to take his Dad to hospital: he's being kept in overnight for observation. :( Mind you I'd rather he was in than be wondering if he was all right on his own, though he is an incredibly resilient person.

Just a bit of grocery spending today and only DH and I to feed tomorrow so we will probably finish up things from the freezer, so it looks as though the £7 of housekeeping budget left till the end of January will sufficiently remain elastic. :)

Nothing spent yesterday.

Spends:
    Housekeeping £3.17
    MS stuff:
    Used a 25p off voucher
    Got two meals for taking to work at YS price of 78p for both instead of £2.50

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    Ooh, visitors while I was posting! :) How nice to see you both :)

I've found some lovely things Pauline. Lots that arrived since I left home so those things don't have memories attached, but I've really enjoyed reading letters my parents sent each other back in 1958 when they were buying the house! Dad enthusing over the potential of the house and garden and Mum lecturing him on not putting cherries and apples in the same part of the garden!

I wasn't a runner at all till last March - and I started because I didn't have the figure for it! I 'had' to loose weight because I wanted to fit into a certain dress as mother of the groom. :D I reckoned I'd run instead of giving up things for Lent. I used the C25K program which turned out to be perfect for me, possibly because in order to run for long enough (just a couple of minutes or so at the start), I had to run very, VERY slowly - and if I run slowly enough, I can keep going. Then I discovered what fun it is. I did lose some weight, too.

Walking is much more sustainable though - you don't need to think about what to wear or eating protein within 20 minutes of stopping, you don't need to take rest days or do stretches, and backs and knees don't impede progress so much. So enjoy your walking, chances are you will be benefitting and loving it for years to come.

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow cherry. I can't even get from under my blanket let alone get out running.

It's sad to go through things of family passed but facinating as you often see a different side to them too.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback