Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2018 at 12:11AM
    Options
    I have a crush on a bloke at work.

I just had to share.

It is ridiculous. He complimented me in an e mail the other day. You would think the Pope had sainted me.

It is lovely to look at him. Like seriously lovely. Like a little holiday from reality. And he is so kind.

Anyhow loads to do so now I have shared entirely non money related news I shall go off and do something really boring (and free) like sort out my documents............................
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,555 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a crush on a bloke at work.

I just had to share.

It is ridiculous. He complimented me in an e mail the other day. You would think the Pope had sainted me.

It is lovely to look at him. Like seriously lovely. Like a little holiday from reality. And he is so kind.

Anyhow loads to do so now I have shared entirely non money related news I shall go off and do something really boring (and free) like sort out my documents............................

As long as it makes you happy Buffy :D xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello folks

I just worked out how much I get paid. Can't believe I am in so much debt.

Simply cannot believe it.

Any how. I am 5100 in debt :(:(:(:(

however the rabbits are outside (and of course the temps dropped dramatically!)

So things can move on.

Had migraine for the last 3 days tho. Suspect it is rabbit stress! so off to bed soon
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,555 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well on the bright side Buffy the debt is not a high percentage of your income so that is not as bad as it could be.
    Keep plodding my friend xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well on the bright side Buffy the debt is not a high percentage of your income so that is not as bad as it could be.
    Keep plodding my friend xxx

Yeah.

This is true and if I can get my !!!! together it won't take long to pay it off.

It is funny isn't it, it comes to the end of the year and you review what you have done and ok, 2017 got somewhat destroyed through no one's fault. 2018 has been a struggle. A period of adjustment. Work is generally better. Family is hard.

The garden is nearly done. The rabbits are secure. I can pick up house wise where I left it about 18 months.

Oh yeah, I am buying a new to me car as mine is on the verge of some thing catastrophic. I have the savings. After that I have 0.

I was talking to the cleaner today (at work) and she is buying a car. She is doing a monthly deal for a 2 year old car. Mine is going to be 20 years old. £1250 VW.

I am not sure how I feel about that. I suppose at some point I should do that. I just never wanted to get into debt over a car.

xxxx
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blimey that seems a lot for a 20 year old car! Would a lease type thing be more suitable?

Yay to the rabbits being outside though, they will soon have their winter coats on and be enjoying their freedom. And you can have yours! I bet it feels amazing to have a bit of space back?

As Beanie says, debt wise compared to what you earn isn't bad and you know you're on top of knowing where it's been spent, these things happen.

How's the crush going? Is he attached? Going to be brave and ask him out?
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    It only have 65000 miles on the clock and has 4 new tyres, some thing like a cam belt and something else. I know what you mean tho.

It does feel amazing. Lovely in fact. Warm room. Door open.

Crush went on a date last night. This information has devastated me. Like really really broke me. I managed to keep it together when he told me. Left work and drove around for ages trying to work out what to do. Oh God will I be 86 and doing this? Fixating on a boy and AGAIN having nothing happen. I am already too !!!!ing old for this crap, to live like this with these highs and crashing lows.

I went shopping bought new perfume and other "beauty type" stuff. Oh and shampoo. I decided last week that I would decluttter this weekend and now this has happened it is urgent that there is a significant change in my life. I need space to work and exercise and be. Can't do that surrounded by CRAP physical mental or emotional. Need to get clear. Make room for better things.

XXXXX
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,465 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If said crush is available, would you have the courage to invite him for a social beverage then take it from there ...

If you don't try, you don't get, he can only say no.

Big hugs Buffster xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    If said crush is available, would you have the courage to invite him for a social beverage then take it from there ...

If you don't try, you don't get, he can only say no.

Big hugs Buffster xx

He asked(a part of group) - twice but both times I have had to rush off for family stuff so think I always look "busy" and off limits.

Honestly SA. I am SO gutted.

Just hope it doesn't work out with the date - but that feels mean!!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Do you ever just want to yell really loudly that your life is going to change? and the current situation is untenable in every way?

I think I have finally reached a point where I either snap or just give in and go under the surface.

I know that sounds mental, but BIL is ill again - not badly as in not in hospital but not eating tired on antibiotics and I am worried about him and my sister obviously. I am going to get their shopping as I do every week and at first it was a if I am going.......now it is a full shop and I visit. And that is my Saturday.

Then Mum and my friend's mum.

My friend who's father has died and I can't go and see, cos I have to do stuff for my sister and mum.

Then the stuff at work (one friend off with stress, the crush (who can !!!! off), the hopeless trainee, the daily misery some of the kids face)

and literally NOTHING WORKING OUT. AT ALL.

Change change change change.

But first shopping. Yuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills