IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Railway PCN - clarifying the process

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    glockyyy, please start your own thread after re-reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES, not hijack someone else's thread that is months old.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2018 at 1:01PM
    Options
    Glockyyy, please read posts 13, 19, 20, 24, and 32. This is not your thread.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Mp78
    Options
    Does having a lease car change anything or would the same approach still work? My ticket also from Indigo for not displaying ticket correctly. I am debating whether to just pay the £60 or just ignore all correspondence ( providing that doesn't go to my lease company)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Mp78 wrote: »
    Does having a lease car change anything or would the same approach still work? My ticket also from Indigo for not displaying ticket correctly. I am debating whether to just pay the £60 or just ignore all correspondence ( providing that doesn't go to my lease company)

If you start your own thread you will find out how not to pay it.
  • Robert_Min
    Options
    So i’ve had a reply in the form of an ITAL pack from SABA and it seems they have actually sent someone to sight to take some very dodgy close up pictures of the signage as I provided a 360 with no signage viewable

Theyve also brought up I hadnt made a purchase since september before this, I’d been on Holiday more fool them as thats very close to breach of data.

They also say SABA park services offer numerous method of vertification booking and tender? Saber bought Indigo in December and I have absoloutely no transaction history with them they have come out of nowhere and are not on any signage

-Theyve said I have 14 days to appeal from 18th kf feb
    -They advertise on the back of their appeals letter how to pay Indigo?!?!
    -One of theyre pictures shows a sign saying people will be clamped which I presumed was illegal?
    -Can i request proof of contract
    -Do I actually have any dealings with SABA who bought Indigo as I purchased the ticket before this
    -Data protection act?

Anyone any ideas with these points?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Robert Min, did you mean to post that on your existing thread?
  • motorhate
    motorhate Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 27 March 2019 at 10:07AM
    Options
    Looks like Indigo have sold their contract (or been merged with) Sabagroup - that's who's name now appears on the tickets and confirmation emails for Southeastern car parks.

Saba, subsidiary of CriteriaCaixa group, has reached an agreement with Indigo to acquire all shares of its companies in the United Kingdom, Germany, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The transaction became effective today except for the acquisition of companies in the Czech Republic, which is set to conclude in the coming weeks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, been mentioned before, search this forum for Saba.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hugh13
    Hugh13 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 June 2019 at 12:56PM
    Options
    Brilliant post form OP.

Just have a quick query arising from her post. Don't know whether this counts as a hijack or not. Apologies if it is and I will start a new thread.

OP says "And theoretically they could never take me to Magistrates anyway if they don't know who the driver was? Only the TOC can do that, and they have no incentive as any fines collected go to the Govt."

My query is, if SABA have got details from DVLA, are they permitted to pass that data on to the TOC without the Keeper (or whoever) giving their permission.

And do TOC's take these cases to Court?

Just wondering about "theoretically".

Apologies if this is a hijack but the points are pertinent to the original post and might be reassuring for other Newbies reading it.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Saba , as a member of the BPA CANNOT pass details to a non BPA member

they can instruct a company to collect money by means of Debt collection letters tho

an interesting thought , id that the appeal system run by them (ital) is actually a prosecution company that works with many train operators , mainly regarding no train tickets etc

it would be foolish to hand your details over to this company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport