My debt diary

Options

Comments

• littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Just paid another £7 to Additions, bringing it down to £183!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    ok so i have £120 left till i get paid again on the 5th of December, which is really good for me i have usually spent it all by now!
    Any ideas how i can make it last?
    I need £34.50 for bus fair for the next 3 weeks (£11.50 week ticket)
  • Jesthar
    Jesthar Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    ok so i have £120 left till i get paid again on the 5th of December, which is really good for me i have usually spent it all by now!
    Any ideas how i can make it last?
    I need £34.50 for bus fair for the next 3 weeks (£11.50 week ticket)
    Would it be cheaper to by a monthly/four week ticket? Perhaps not this month, but in the long run?

The other thing to do is budget plan your meals and food, and make sure you put aside enough for them - that way you won't run out before the next payday. Give yourself a set amount and try to stick to it - I try and spend £15 or less a week (kinda get annoyed if I exceed £12, really, unless I'm stocking up on things on offer!). Put that money aside and don't touch it. Then leave the rest for emergencies, and if you still have some left over at the end of the month it can go off one of your debts. :)

And, of course, don't touch the debit card! :)

~Jes :)
    Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek... ;)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Jesthar wrote: »
    Would it be cheaper to by a monthly/four week ticket? Perhaps not this month, but in the long run?

The other thing to do is budget plan your meals and food, and make sure you put aside enough for them - that way you won't run out before the next payday. Give yourself a set amount and try to stick to it - I try and spend £15 or less a week (kinda get annoyed if I exceed £12, really, unless I'm stocking up on things on offer!). Put that money aside and don't touch it. Then leave the rest for emergencies, and if you still have some left over at the end of the month it can go off one of your debts. :)

And, of course, don't touch the debit card! :)

Thanks, i get a student week ticket so it is already cheaper, only way i could work it even cheaper is to buy a 10 week card for £88.
    Well i don't need to spend money buying food or anything as i live with my mum. Only really need to buy lunch on a Monday, as thats the only day i'm in college for lunch.
    As for at work i usually only work 5-10pm so i only get a 15min break, but i work in a Morrisons cafe, so just generally help myself top leftover chips at the end of the night!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    paid another £5.39 to Additions (was the "odds" i had in my bank account)

Bringing it down to

£177.61!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    And i now have £85 to last me till the 5th of December
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    And now it's £60!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    How the accounts are looking:

New Look Card: [STRIKE]£48.00[/STRIKE] £51.29 (intrest has been added on)
    Kays: [STRIKE]£215.00[/STRIKE] £213.00
    Additions: [STRIKE]£193.00 [/STRIKE] £170.85
    Arcadia Staff Card: [STRIKE]£240.00[/STRIKE] £230.91
    Dorothy Perkins Card: £207.00
    BOS Overdraft: £1100
  • Jesthar
    Jesthar Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    And now it's £60!
    Honey, can I just check what are you spending your money on? :) If it's things you don't need, you need to stop carrying your debit card and just have a fiver for emergencies, because it would seem this is where all your extra cash is 'disappearing' to, and at the moment you have much better uses for your money... :)

How about setting yourself a challenge of only spending, say, £10 a week for a while? Might help you get a bit more to grips with things. :) Barring some reasonable amounts on Christmas presents at the moment, of course.

Oh, and try out Martin's Demotivator - here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/protect/demotivator/

Warning - it can be a very scary thing to play with! (in a good way ;))

On the plus side, you seem to be making some good progress with your debts - well done! :)

Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek... ;)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Jesthar wrote: »
    Honey, can I just check what are you spending your money on? :) If it's things you don't need, you need to stop carrying your debit card and just have a fiver for emergencies, because it would seem this is where all your extra cash is 'disappearing' to, and at the moment you have much better uses for your money... :)

How about setting yourself a challenge of only spending, say, £10 a week for a while? Might help you get a bit more to grips with things. :) Barring some reasonable amounts on Christmas presents at the moment, of course.

Oh, and try out Martin's Demotivator - here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/protect/demotivator/

Warning - it can be a very scary thing to play with! (in a good way ;))

On the plus side, you seem to be making some good progress with your debts - well done! :)

thanks, so would that £10 be on top of my £11.50 travel a week yeah?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure