My debt diary

Options

Comments

• littlepinkstars44
    Options
    I done the demotivator thing, i can't really think of anything else to put on there just now though

Name Yearly Cost Cost in Working Life
    coffee £375.002. 8 weeks
    make up £720.00 5.5 weeks
  • Jesthar
    Jesthar Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, so would that £10 be on top of my £11.50 travel a week yeah?
    Of course! Gotta get the bus pass! :) Or you could try for a budget of £20 to include your bus pass

You could also add in the additional motivation of anything you DON'T spend of that £10 in a week could be paid off a debt. :) And if you can bite the bullet and just buy a 10 week buss pass after getting paid one month (or maybe with some Christmas money?), then all you have to do from then on is put £9 a week aside for the next one, and you'll be saving about £2.70 a week on travel. :)

Scary thing, the demotivator, isn't it - but it's amazing how finding out you spend 8 weeks worth of your wages on coffee every year can focus the mind! ;)

~Jes :)
    Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek... ;)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Jesthar wrote: »
    Of course! Gotta get the bus pass! :) Or you could try for a budget of £20 to include your bus pass

You could also add in the additional motivation of anything you DON'T spend of that £10 in a week could be paid off a debt. :) And if you can bite the bullet and just buy a 10 week buss pass after getting paid one month (or maybe with some Christmas money?), then all you have to do from then on is put £9 a week aside for the next one, and you'll be saving about £2.70 a week on travel. :)

Scary thing, the demotivator, isn't it - but it's amazing how finding out you spend 8 weeks worth of your wages on coffee every year can focus the mind! ;)

I don't think i'll be getting much for christmas this year, nevermind any money. My mum is worse off than me, an only work 1 and a half days a week, and is struggling to afford a laptop for my little brother that she promised him. I have just posted a SOA aswell, i only make £300 a month wages
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    today i didn't do anything!
    Took my little brother to Morrisons for dinner - only cost £4 for the 2 of us though (perks of working there)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    checked my account online this morning, apparently i only have £45 left now? I really don't understand my bank sometimes. I had like £80 a few days ago.
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    eek just checked the bank again, a £10 charge came out this morning, leaving me with £29.99!OMG!
  • its good having the discount card though! don't forget the extra discount day on 9th Dec, so try to do ur shoppin that day and get an extra 5% off. Can you helpout with things like stocktake and give half the overtime to yourself and half to your debt?
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    its good having the discount card though! don't forget the extra discount day on 9th Dec, so try to do ur shoppin that day and get an extra 5% off. Can you helpout with things like stocktake and give half the overtime to yourself and half to your debt?
    Well i work in the cafe, so we only have a stocktake every 9 weeks or so, and even then it's usually during the day. I only work part time, as i am at college.
    As for overtime, the most hours i ever do a week is 14-18, so i'm never gonna get overtime.
  • Jesthar
    Jesthar Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    eek just checked the bank again, a £10 charge came out this morning, leaving me with £29.99!OMG!
    Ouch - you'd best put your bus pass money aside now if you haven't already. If you have, and can hold off on the coffee, makeup and online shopping, you should be OK. :)

What was the charge for, incidentally? A bill?

If it makes you feel better, I bought my first new pair of glasses for about 6 years today - well, managed to get a 2 for 1 offer so I'm actually getting two pairs for my £200, which makes me feel slightly better! :o On top of that my friend I went with then encouraged me to do some much needed clothes shopping (first time in about four months, mind you, and it was only Primark!), AND insisted on buying me a load of make-up (yes, her money, not mine!). Something tells me she's trying to drag me kicking and screaming into making the most of myself, bless her... :o

One question, though - who on earth originally came up with the idea for the ridiculous things which are the eyelash curlers I now find myself owning a pair of? :confused: :rolleyes:

Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek... ;)
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Your doing well with ur debts, just a thought i know ur at college and Morrisons p/time, but when I use to work 4 safeway (ok, Im showing my age), they use to have price changes on a sunday, and even thou I wasnt on admin dept, I use to work most sundays afta store closed. Donr know if Morrisons do owt like that.

have you done cashback sites such as Quidco, or mutual points, just spening 10 mins here, 10 mins there, the pennies soon add up.

Def get urself a notebook, give urself a week, and make sure you write down every penny u spend, x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport