My debt diary

Options
New Look Card: £48...WOO HOO! 28.9%
Kays: £215.00 0% (agreed reduced payment plan of £24 a month)
Additions: £193.00 39.7%
Arcadia Staff Card: £240.00 29.9%
Dorothy Perkins Card: £207.00 29.9%
BOS Overdraft: £1100 0% (have agreement to pay £100 a month to it)

Then once they are paid i will concentrate on my current overdraft
RBS: £1400 0% till Oct 10 (student o/d)

All opinions, advice, remarks are welcome!

Comments

• littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Have just paid another £3 to Additions, bringing it down to £190!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Hi littlepinkstars, have you stuck your debts in the snowball to see what your debt free date is? It's so satisfying to see it reduce :D
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Hi littlepinkstars, have you stuck your debts in the snowball to see what your debt free date is? It's so satisfying to see it reduce :D
    Yes Nov 09! (not incluing my RBS o/d)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The APRs on the cards are truly shocking, all your purchases I would assume were fairly small?

I always have to ask myself do I need it or do I just want it? If I can live without it I just walk away and if I return with nothing at the end of a dedicated shopping trip then I treat myself to an ice-cream / hot chocolate!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    The APRs on the cards are truly shocking, all your purchases I would assume were fairly small?

I always have to ask myself do I need it or do I just want it? If I can live without it I just walk away and if I return with nothing at the end of a dedicated shopping trip then I treat myself to an ice-cream / hot chocolate!

Not really i totally maxed all of the accounts out and was way over my limits on them oops.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So you've done very well to reduce the amounts owed.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    So you've done very well to reduce the amounts owed.
    Thanks i'm working hard on them!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Didn't have a good day today! Took £20 out the cash machine at 12pm and it had all gone by 1pm :(
  • partickz
    partickz Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't have a good day today! Took £20 out the cash machine at 12pm and it had all gone by 1pm :(

Leave the card at home matey!!! Take a packed lunch to work with correct bus fair etc....

Buy a little notebook (10p in ASDA for a shopping list book). Write down EVERY penny you spend. Reviewing this regularly will give you a shock seeing how you just spend money on nothing!!:mad:

x x x x x x x x x
    Debt Free thanks to MSE!!!! £15,000 debt became £0 thanks to some hard work and all you lovely people!
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    partickz wrote: »
    Leave the card at home matey!!! Take a packed lunch to work with correct bus fair etc....

Buy a little notebook (10p in ASDA for a shopping list book). Write down EVERY penny you spend. Reviewing this regularly will give you a shock seeing how you just spend money on nothing!!:mad:

x x x x x x x x x
    Don't have an Asda near me, and i get a week bus ticket
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family