My journey to living within my means

Options
123457»

Comments

• andrinaperry
    Options
    It has been over a month since I last posted and I have had a car accident and have gone completely off the rails, financially speaking.

This is a new start, I am now tightening my belt and getting down to the business of living withing my means.

A

p.s NSD today
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Another positive day, NSD, so very pleased. Have even put £25.00 in my savings today from sons rent.

A
    xx
  • MurphyMoo_3
    Options
    Hi Audrina

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are ok.

I'm very new to MSE, but it sounds like you are doing very well, keep up the NSDs.

Best of luck.
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Well I have had a positive couple ofdays 3 NSD and gt stuck into some jobs around the place, listed five lots on Ebay, I am feeling good

Andrina
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Well I am looking forward to the end of this month, I have failed misirablely on the grocery challenge, not by overspending but by not keeping track so I am quite cross with myself. I am trying desperately to acheive my NSD target and am looking forward to a positive day for that today.

andrina
  • Lewby
    Lewby Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Andrina,

Just wondered how you were doing for the New Year. Sory to read that you had a car accident. Hope you are OK. I had one earlier in the year and wrote of my beloved car. I was ok but it really messed things up again for us financially and for me motivationally.

Like you, I lost my focus a little in Nov and Dec but have fought back with a vengence now and am determined we will be debt free as soon as we can be!

Hope you are back on track counting those NSD's!

Lewby xx
    ** Official DFW Nerd Club Member 009**
    Total Debt 01/02/11 [STRIKE] £64,912 [/STRIKE] 01/04/16 [STRIKE]£32,700[/STRIKE] 01/01/19 £0 :j
    NSD's for Feb 01/15 GC £0 / £300
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    hi lewby

I am feeling far more positive and almost in control. I have had 5 NSD this month already with a target of 15. I have not managed to keep track of my spending since my accident but now feel in a position to catch a grip so to speak.

I have done a bit of overtime last month approx £500 after tax and have already done £225 this month, it all helps.

We did not over spend at all at christmas this year so feel very clever.

Hoping to smash my grocery budget this month as well as have lots in the freezer to use up.

thank you so much for your kind comment

Andrina
    xx
  • Lewby
    Lewby Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Andrina,

Just wondered how you were doing as you haven't posted on here for a while. I managed to make it all the way through Jan positively, hit my NSD target, only went slightly over the grocery budget but am really pleased that I have money left in my purse and haven't used a credit card once!!

Hope you are ok and are still on your DFW journey.

Lewby xx
    ** Official DFW Nerd Club Member 009**
    Total Debt 01/02/11 [STRIKE] £64,912 [/STRIKE] 01/04/16 [STRIKE]£32,700[/STRIKE] 01/01/19 £0 :j
    NSD's for Feb 01/15 GC £0 / £300
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Hi lewby

Well that january done, I havent kept track of my grocery budget AGAIN!! bit disappointed with myself really but I am still going tos et myself a target. Managed the NSD so was really pleased with that. We definately seem to be getting by, no excess cash but everything is getting paid which is what I was aiming for. I am also feeling so much more relaxed financially the pressure seems to have lifted and I think you soon get used to having no cash but the feeling of well everything is paid, is fantastic.

Thank you for your post and good luck with Feb, same place next month!!!

Andrina
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family