My journey to living within my means

Options

Comments

• andrinaperry
    Options
    Well I am feeling good today, that another NSD for me, its great staying away from the shops is all I need really, wish I had thought of it years ago

A
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Well I am still not half way thru the month but over half my budget has gone but I have done my monthly bulk shop and today was fresh more than anything.

I am finding it hard and fell off the wagon to the tune of £18 on ebay today so I am a bit disappointed with myself.

Tommorrow is a new day and a NSD for me

A
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    I have had a disasterous day today.

Uo at five for work, made my lunch and left it on the side, I work a twelve hour shift so cant go without till I get home, £3 for a sandwich and it is horrible, I am so cross with myself.

A
  • Lewby
    Lewby Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Andrina,

Don't be so hard on yourself! I have just read through your thread and have been inspired to sort myself out from today! Like you I find that the money we should have left at the end of a month has gone and in fact we have increased the overdraft! We should have £400 left to pay off our debts but it never happens.

I have bravely gone through all of our finances today, have set up my spread sheet, have set up a cash book to track the cash and have drawn the budget out to live on for the next month. Will give hubby some but will tell him he has to account for it - will be interesting to see how that goes!

I'd appreciate a 'buddy' to work with if you are up for it! Like you I've been here before and have slipped off the wagon. I want to be debt free within 3 years so have to get my act together. I can see that it's helpful to track your progress on here and hopefully we can keep each other on the straight and narrow.

I think just entering your 'slip ups' on here is a really positive thing - so many times I've fallen off and have just stopped posting so I don't have to face it. So keep posting!

Lewby x
    ** Official DFW Nerd Club Member 009**
    Total Debt 01/02/11 [STRIKE] £64,912 [/STRIKE] 01/04/16 [STRIKE]£32,700[/STRIKE] 01/01/19 £0 :j
    NSD's for Feb 01/15 GC £0 / £300
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Lewby

its you and me against the world how have you done today

A
    xx
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Hoping for a NSD tommorrow should be quite easy I am on nights tonight and tommorrow night, need to resist having a take away though,

A
  • ~Yorkshire_Belle~
    Options
    You are doing really well
    I know exactly where you are - I have spreadsheets, jars of cash with labels on etc etc. I am DETERMINED that this time I can keep it going so living within my means becomes a habit not a fad.
    It just seems to take up my every waking hour though - where does some time for living come from?
    Belle
    Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • laulipopsi
    Options
    hey
    im a newbie - so hope you dont mind me posting on this thread - just wanted to say well done to you all so far. :)
    You are all such an inspiration. I live on benefits with my husband and 4 kids (my hubby had his own business until 3 years ago when he was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease)and he cant work now, his deterioration has been so rapid - so we're on a shoestring budget really, I am his carer, but some of the money does seem to just "disappear" Its very frustrating. LOL
    Anyway - I look forward to reading all your posts
    Keep smiling :D
    The Higher you build your barriers - the stronger I'll become! :j

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Lewby
    Lewby Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi A,

Have had a good day today - went to town with my daughter and didn't buy anything in the sales! Found myself having a whole conversation with myself about whether or not I needed anything or just wanted it .... and concluded that I don't need anything. Felt very virtuous.

Only spend today was a local newspaper which had a photo of my daughter getting her exam results. She was second in her school with almost straight A's so had to buy it really. 45p so almost a NSD.

Have now completed any spreadsheet for the monthly budget and have to be really strict with myself in Sept and stick to planned expenditure only. Feeling positive about keeping records of all spending and confessing any misdemeanours to you on here! If I spend outside of budget I'll have to post it ..... hopefully a deterrant! So will try really hard not to. Will keep posting the positive stuff as well though!

Hope you have managed to steer clear of the takeaways! What job do you do on nights?

Lewby xx
    ** Official DFW Nerd Club Member 009**
    Total Debt 01/02/11 [STRIKE] £64,912 [/STRIKE] 01/04/16 [STRIKE]£32,700[/STRIKE] 01/01/19 £0 :j
    NSD's for Feb 01/15 GC £0 / £300
  • andrinaperry
    Options
    Lewby congrats on the exam results you must be so proud, I am so pleased for you.

Well managed a NSD today but tommorrow is a biggy on the spending front for me, pay day is always a biggy in our house.

Hoping for NSD Saturday and sunday, fingers crossed.

A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport