Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• credit_crunch
    Options
    So we’ve finally booked again! Not going until November so lots of time to plan!
    This will be our 3rd trip but I’m sure a lot has changed since we were there in 2012!
  • mickthetrick
    Options
    prices for hotels seem very expensive for november. ive booked flights for then and have had a bit of a shock looking at the hotel prices.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    prices for hotels seem very expensive for november. ive booked flights for then and have had a bit of a shock looking at the hotel prices.
    What Hotels are you looking at? Do you have any previous play in vegas that might get you a better price or is it a first trip
  • dan28
    dan28 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Usually November is one of the cheaper months. I assume prices will go down in the next months. The best is to book something which you can effort and then to watch prices. Most of the time you can cancel and rebook if you are booking directly with the hotel.

Do you have any specific hotel in mind?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    So we’ve finally booked again! Not going until November so lots of time to plan!
    This will be our 3rd trip but I’m sure a lot has changed since we were there in 2012!

couple of changes

resort fees can now up to around $40 a night and parking can be up to around $20 a night :eek:
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    Is it the first week? There is a huge convention that week so prices can easily be double the cost of the week after.
  • mickthetrick
    Options
    Yes its the first week, well im there for 11 nights. Iv noticed that the big convention is on and thats probably why the price hike. i've booked a couple of places and will be looking for deals still as i can cancel the places i have already booked. i've being multiple times and prefere downtown but my daughter and her partner are tagging along this time. they are first timers so i wanted them to stay on the strip for part of our holiday to see whats what on there.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    Yes its the first week, well im there for 11 nights. Iv noticed that the big convention is on and thats probably why the price hike. i've booked a couple of places and will be looking for deals still as i can cancel the places i have already booked. i've being multiple times and prefere downtown but my daughter and her partner are tagging along this time. they are first timers so i wanted them to stay on the strip for part of our holiday to see whats what on there.
    Last November MSS, California and Fremont were all extremely expensive or sold out during the convention. We ended up at Orleans through a third party seller. They wanted far too much when I logged into B-Connected.

Maybe an off strip or Downtown stay during the expensive time, the move to the Strip for the second half of the trip?
  • mickthetrick
    Options
    thats what ive done. 4 nights just off strip and 7 nights downtown.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    This thread is quiet!

Well I'm booked to go again at Easter!
    Flights from Manchester direct were £750 each (ouch!)

(For same date now up to £840!)

Best rate I got for rooms was by booking direct with hotel.

Just a thought for peeps looking for pricing up trips.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure