Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 1:17AM
    Options
    aah wrote: »
    Oh I have had a nightmare with this.
    I followed the conditions to the letter. Paid in 1000 just after the switch date checked that I had organised switching 3 dds. They refused to accept one of them. One is fine, has paid out twice since switch date. HOWEVER Yorkshire bank cancelled my other dd, (paying my Halifax cc) WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. There is loads of money in that account. I phoned them and they raised a complaint on my behalf - I havent seen the wording of that complaint but I think it centres on
    The app - it constantly tells me I have entered the wrong details and I know I havent (those details work on internet banking)
    Refusing to transfer my 3rd dd
    The worst one - cancelling my dd without my permisssion - rendering me ineligible for the incentive as it could not be reinstated in time
    Their primitive transfer rules - I can't transfer more than 500 at a time (unless I use the app which they have locked me out of).

I have an email from their complaints department which states that they will allow me the incentive as the dd cancellation was not my fault. I have paid in the 2 x 1000 and have a dd which is working fine. I have my doubts as to whether this will hold water. I have no confidence left in this dreadful bank.

I am regularly getting letters from their complaints department to say that sadly they have not managed to address my complaint (the one I dont know the content of).

I now need to wait till the 70 days is up (switched 7th November) get ratty with them again if I havent got the incentive money and as soon as I get it, depart.

Never again
    You'll be fine then.... why did they refuse to accept one DD?
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I paid in the required amount and then used some of the money to pay my bills via the debit card. I think so far I have paid in about £3,000 and any remaining balance happy to leave there until they pay the bonus. I will then continue to use this account for some bill payments.

Also very impressed with their APP
    Me too. I have not had any of the issues that others are reporting, and the app works great for my needs anyway. Just need to see if/when I get the incentive - if that comes in on time then it has gone very smoothly indeed.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 9:44AM
    Options
    Me too. I have not had any of the issues that others are reporting, and the app works great for my needs anyway. Just need to see if/when I get the incentive - if that comes in on time then it has gone very smoothly indeed.

Email just received.

MABLE, get ready for your £250 hello!

Get ready to treat yourself!
    Bring on the celebration – your £250 hello is coming. Now you’ve completed your switch to Yorkshire Bank, your £250 will be in your account in the next seven working days.
    Shopping trip, weekend away or added to your savings - whatever you choose to use it for, we hope you enjoy. Thanks again for coming on board.
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Logged in this morning to find the £250 waiting in the accounts of both myself & my DH. Switch date was 02/11, email confirming the bonus received 06/01.

Time to pay the mortgage off! :j
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    Happy to report that I too have received the Congratulations email in the last half hour.

Cash not there yet, however, clearly on it's way.

:beer:
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Happy to report that I too have received the Congratulations email in the last half hour.

Cash not there yet, however, clearly on it's way.

:beer:

Got the email as well. As soon as I get the bonus, I will be closing the account via switching it elsewhere.
  • PhilStation
    Options
    Like those above, I received the email this morning. To say I am delighted would be an understatement! Just waiting for my wife to receive her email now but her switch date was a couple of weeks after mine so that'll be a little while longer.

No more switches for me with a mortgage application coming up in the next 6 months, then it's back to Nationwide to grab a second RAF offer and waiting for TSB to introduce another incentive. I'm quickly running out of banks to switch to!
  • AlpineF30
    Options
    Just a heads up to everyone who may be in a similar situation to me.

I switched on the 28/11

I get paid on the last day of the month so thats the first £1000 sorted.

But due to Christmas I got paid earlier than normal and got paid on the 18th Decemeber, this means my second payment didn't meet the criteria of the second £1000 payment as it has to be 31 days after the switch but due to the pay day falling earlier it was within the 31 days of the switch.

I rang today and had to transfer in another £1000 to qualify.
  • bottleandahalf
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Not sure if the offer is still on?

Perhaps a grovelling phone call would do the trick?
    Tried a sympathetic seeking phone call this morning, but to no avail.
    Ah well, live and learn.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tried a sympathetic seeking phone call this morning, but to no avail.
    Ah well, live and learn.
    If they let one person bend the rules then word would soon spread and they would be inundated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure