Nationwide - Valuation to offer

Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Received offer from Nationwide but did not receive a copy of the valuation report???

My solicitor has aske me to get this but when I phone Nationwide they told me they do not release this document only for new builds??

Anyone and experience of this?
    Yep.

They pay for a non-disclosed mortgage report & valuation for their benefit.

You would have to pay for your own report/valuation if you require one.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • lastbigspender
    Options
    I can only assume if any major issues with property would have been highlighted on mortgage offer??
  • kingstreet
    Options
    You would be asked to report on and obtain estimates for any essential repairs.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • FTBLon46
    Options
    Applied for Mortgage: 01/06/2018
    Valuation: 06/06/2018
    Valuation Approval: 12/06/2018
    Mortgage Offer: 18/06/2018

Hope you hear soon!
  • lastbigspender
    Options
    Ok Thanks kingstreet

I can assume then property is OK??
  • kingstreet
    Options
    The most you can assume is the property is considered suitable security for the mortgage, following a short surface-only inspection.
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ours took about 4 weeks from valuation to receiving the offer.
  • gabriellecmw
    Options
    Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that we applied for our mortgage on 4th June, valuation was done on the 14th, however our broker called on Saturday to say we had been accepted. We were both getting text messages but received nothing for the most important bit! Checked our offer today and it was issued on the day of the valuation, so it is worth chasing them up if you are still waiting as these text message updates don't seem to be reliable.
  • ric1982
    ric1982 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Do anyone knows if nationwide does all checks (including documents, credit checks) before booking for valuation? So all that is required is ok valuation in order to offer the mortgage?

Thanks
  • kingstreet
    Options
    No. Valuation instructed upfront, unless DIP decision is "refer" then everything else is done first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure