Nationwide - Valuation to offer

Options

Comments

• Becca1234xoxo
    Options
    Mortgage application submitted 20th June
    Mortgage accepted 27th June
    Valuation instructed 28th June
    Still awaiting to hear back from valuation and for the official mortgage offer, I’ve been told by financial advisor we’ll hear back from Nationwide within 2 working days of valuation and that I should have an offer by next week.

Good luck everyone!
  • IvyFlood
    IvyFlood Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mortgage application submitted 20th June
    Mortgage accepted 27th June
    Valuation instructed 28th June
    Still awaiting to hear back from valuation and for the official mortgage offer, I!!!8217;ve been told by financial advisor we!!!8217;ll hear back from Nationwide within 2 working days of valuation and that I should have an offer by next week.

Good luck everyone!

Did you have a survey done? I only ask cause we submitted our application on 11th June but our valuation isn't till 9th July!
  • F1p
    F1p Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Valuation instructed on June 16th on acceptance,
    Estate agent hasn't had any request for a valuation after 2 weeks, called nationwide and said that valuation hadn't been arranged yet.....
  • Stacilx
    Options
    Hi everyone brand new here but been stalking the forum all week !!!55357;!!!56834;
    We are in the middle of mortgage application with Natiowide
    Me and my partner are FTB!!!8217;s combined wage £37.5k annually asking for £161k with 12k deposit although starting to worry we may have made an error not getting a broker and just going for nationwide as despite never missing a payment in my life or anything like that my credit score isn!!!8217;t ideal
    Our current timeline is
    DIP - 16/6/18
    Offer accepted - 19/6/18
    Full application submitted - 24/6/18
    Valuation done - 26/6/18
    Two documents rejected as needed to be certified so travelled to nearest branch to get this done and submitted today 29/6/18
    Had txt confirming valuation received 29/6/18

I!!!8217;ve never been so nervous for anything in my life and I!!!8217;ve become a huge ball of stress because I!!!8217;ve become convinced we will be declined !!!55357;!!!56877;
  • F1p
    F1p Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Stacilx wrote: »
    Hi everyone brand new here but been stalking the forum all week !!!55357;!!!56834;
    We are in the middle of mortgage application with Natiowide
    Me and my partner are FTB!!!8217;s combined wage £37.5k annually asking for £161k with 12k deposit although starting to worry we may have made an error not getting a broker and just going for nationwide as despite never missing a payment in my life or anything like that my credit score isn!!!8217;t ideal
    Our current timeline is
    DIP - 16/6/18
    Offer accepted - 19/6/18
    Full application submitted - 24/6/18
    Valuation done - 26/6/18
    Two documents rejected as needed to be certified so travelled to nearest branch to get this done and submitted today 29/6/18
    Had txt confirming valuation received 29/6/18

I!!!8217;ve never been so nervous for anything in my life and I!!!8217;ve become a huge ball of stress because I!!!8217;ve become convinced we will be declined !!!55357;!!!56877;

Since my documents were approved, the online application is showing "There are no active applications associated with that email address."
    Has anyone else had this issue?
  • Stacilx
    Options
    Mine says this too I think it’s just a technical glitch as I rang them and nothing has changed their end
  • Pipedreamer
    Options
    Hi Kingstreet,

You mentioned that if it’s referred at DIP stage it’s underwritten before valuation. My dip was referred at DIP stage, then approved, then I supplied all supporting documentation (3 months bank statements, 3 months wage slips, proof of bonus, proof of deposit and money to clear loan, proof of address. Valuation was last week and now they are asking for more payslips and bank statements from me.

I’m confused now as I’d assumed it was already underwritten, have you ever seen this before? It’s wirh Nationwide. Thank you
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are they out of date?

What was the time gap between DIP and full application?

So you got a DIP refer, then a DIP subjective accept without first supplying the requested documents? What was the reason for the refer?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Pipedreamer
    Options
    Thanks for the swift response!

I applied for the DIP through a broker. It was referred due to outstanding debt £13k and at the top end of affordability. He called me a day later to say it was accepted as he clarified with them that the loan would be repaid before mortgage would be taken out.

He then asked for all the proofs which I supplied. Valuation was booked for a week later, no more requests for any docs. Valuation completed last week.

Yesterday Nationwide have now asked for another months wage slip and bank statement for this month. Original DIP was around 3 weeks ago so all documents should be in date - hence my confusion
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Right.

That doesn't sound like a true DIP refer.

It was probably an affordability fail which your broker rectified by altering the credit commitments to be repaid on completion (telling you it was a refer) and it then became a pass.

He asked you for the documents and you provided them but as the date the full application was submitted was after 1 July, June's payslip and bank statement would be needed to ensure the documents are fully up to date.

Possible?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure