Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• Sugarboat
    Options
    I am in the process of trying to select a non big 6 firm to switch to, I live in Scotland this year because of a milder winter I expect my gas to be £1100PA and Elec £700PA that for gas because of costs we use a max on 9hours per day in winter we are with Eon fixed V4 for 1 year. When I compare I find that we are penalised because of the amount we use linked to the norm (I guess that is Bournmouth area useage) AND the distant of supply but I say I am nearer to Grangemouth/North Sea gas supply than most and gas imported to southern ports from middle east our 450 miles difference is irrelevant and as far as Electricity I am closer to Hydro Power and Longgannet power station so how can distance be a factor, I also wish to pay by monthly DD and to be paperless and manage and see my account on the internet -the distant and useage levels seem to cost me £120PA and truly cannot understand why I would have thought the more gas or electricity company's buy the cheaper it is and I do not believe distance is truly a relevant factor just an excuse to keep prices high.
  • paddycharlton
    Options
    I'm just looking at this company. I'll come back and let the forum know how it went.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I presently have a fixed rate with NPower until Feb 2015 and have just done a comparison and Energyextra is coming out £49 cheaper and is fixed until 30 September 2015 but comes with a exit fee of £25 per utility. Also would need to pay my dd every month.

However Npower has no exit fee and I pay them by direct debit each qty.

It also gives me the flexability of paying using my cash back credit card and provided I pay as soon as the bill is produced it cancels the dd for that qtr.

So if I take into account the cash back for the year I would lose £10 but the Energy extra does give me a fix for a further 6 months over NP.

Based on the above I may stay with NP until something better comes along.
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Did not switch due to no web interface yet .
    I called them and was told the account will be operated online only. Anyone have any further details?
  • BirnamBear
    BirnamBear Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome letter e mail received today less than a week after signing up. So far so good.
    12 panels south facing,8 panels south-east facing,4KWP system,pitch 40 degrees,Aurora inverter & location is sunny Glasgow.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SSE are getting all the plaudits at present, but people have already forgotten that they increased prices about 8% just before Christmas. The words 'cunning' and 'barstewards' come to mind...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • hoof
    hoof Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2014 at 9:49AM
    Options
    Signed up to ExtraEnergy last week and progress so far as follows:

26 March Signed up to switch from EDF Price Promise April 2014 to ExtraEnergy Sept 2015 v2 tariff via Energyhelpline
    28 March Switch confirmation email received from EnergyHelpline
    28 March Cashback eligibility email from EnergyHelpline
    31 March Welcome letter, Terms & Conditions and FAQ's from ExtraEnergy received via email. All my details, address, estimated usage, annual costs etc as supplied/expected.

Email from ExtraEnergy advised that I should receive Welcome pack in about 4 weeks. All progressing well so far. Apparently meter readings can be supplied online, via email or by phone.

ExtraEnergy Tariff certainly seemed worth going with. Based upon my usage, options I considered were:
    EDF June 2015 £1859 pa No early exit charges
    EDF Mar 2017 £2051 pa no early exit
    ExtraEnergy Sept 2015 £1661 pa early exit £25/tariff
    Ovo 12 months fixed £1685 pa early exit £30/tariff

ExtraEnergy ony £53pa (3.3%) higher than the EDF fix that I am leaving.

Hopefully everything will continue smoothly.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Signed up via ehl 31 Mar
    ehl cash back e-mail 31 Mar
    ehl switce e mail 31 mar
    contract e-mail from Extra 1 April
  • Mikey17
    Mikey17 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Took the plunge today. Fingers crossed.:T
    Hopefully got in, before a possible stampede.
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've suggested to Extra Energy that it might be helpful if they have a customer services representative here on the forum to monitor the threads/discussions for any negative responses and have them step in and hopefully resolve any issues we may begin to experience.

It works for the likes of BG and BT and I'm sure the other players in the energy and telecoms industry, so why not the "tiddlers" like Extra Energy.

Anyway, so far so good and let's hope it stays that way!

p.s. If it seems as though I'm trying to get Extra Energy involved on here for personal gain, you're damned right I am.

Having a company rep on the forum has helped me in the past when things have gone belly up with other energy and telecoms companies and their normal customer services route has proved useless, so do you blame me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure