Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi all

Just to add to my earlier posts, a few points of feedback around the meter read issues which were mentioned. Green Star has confirmed that it has spotted some intermittent issues with meter readings being added to accounts, which it believes has led to some of the error messages being mentioned.

The good news is that it believes this has now been resolved, so if you've been asked to provide meter readings, fingers crossed this'll work again as usual.

We're continuing to work closely with Green Star to look at some of the other service issues mentioned. In the meantime, if you need to get in touch with it, do use the special collective number 0800 029 1560.

Thanks

Hi all,

The good news is that although we are still having a few issues with meter readings, we are now able to process meter reads for MSE users.

Please email your meter readings into mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we will be able to quickly process them for you.

Thank you for your patience with this issue and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Alex
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm also a tad worried about the efficiency of this firm.

First email dated 20th May says gas and electricity will transfer 30th May.
    Lower down under Account Information it states contract starts 19th May for electricity and 30th May for gas.
    Second email dated 22nd May, gas and electricity will transfer on 19th May.
    Under Account Information it's still 19th for electricity and 30th for gas.

Using Waterfox as my browser, I tried to set up the online account, it states use an 8 character alphanumeric password to include at least one digit and a special character.
    I tried something along the lines of Skyj2@7H, (not actual), computer says 'no', ???
    Gave electricity reading over phone, there was no option for gas because that has not yet swapped over.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • dings74
    dings74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    ok so the OCD in me is starting to get the better of me.... my service has a go live date of june the 5th, my app is all set up and ready to go, I have confirmation that my dd is in place for beginning of July.

However the app so far is saying that I will not be able to give meter readings as meters are not linked to the account.

is this likely to change in the next six days?

when will I get confirmation from my current provide that they have stopped supply?
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    dings74 wrote: »
    ok so the OCD in me is starting to get the better of me.... my service has a go live date of june the 5th, my app is all set up and ready to go, I have confirmation that my dd is in place for beginning of July.

However the app so far is saying that I will not be able to give meter readings as meters are not linked to the account.

when will I get confirmation from my current provide that they have stopped supply?

Do you have an online login for your current supplier? They should have a status indicator for your account (Scottish power certainly did).

Aside from that? E-mail your meter reads to green Star, their system is not the quickest at getting their meters updated. I switched 2 weeks ago and my meters still hasn't appeared on their system.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • clairetheunicorn
    Options
    We switched on the 17th May. I emailed meter readings (with pictures) on that day and haven't had a response at all.

My account isn't linked to the meter readings and the 3 emails have had no follow up - so despite the GSE rep claiming people are looking at adding readings I completely doubt this. We're now at the point where I have 2 active direct debits for my old and new suppliers.

The service is actually worse than the Big 6 at this point. At least the respond to emails within the time frame they state.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    spud17 wrote: »
    I'm also a tad worried about the efficiency of this firm.

First email dated 20th May says gas and electricity will transfer 30th May.
    Lower down under Account Information it states contract starts 19th May for electricity and 30th May for gas.
    Second email dated 22nd May, gas and electricity will transfer on 19th May.
    Under Account Information it's still 19th for electricity and 30th for gas.

Using Waterfox as my browser, I tried to set up the online account, it states use an 8 character alphanumeric password to include at least one digit and a special character.
    I tried something along the lines of Skyj2@7H, (not actual), computer says 'no', ???
    Gave electricity reading over phone, there was no option for gas because that has not yet swapped over.
    dings74 wrote: »

Hi all

Thanks for the enquiries, the transfer dates can differ depending on when the information gets passed through to us. If you would like us to look into the letters further we are happy to do so, we would need your account number to do this.

Apologies that you have had issues with your password. It may be worth trying to set up in a different browser, and go via the 'register' section of the webpage. https://myaccount.mygreenstarenergy.com/#authorization/register

Best, Steve
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dings74
    dings74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have an online login for your current supplier? They should have a status indicator for your account (Scottish power certainly did).

Aside from that? E-mail your meter reads to green Star, their system is not the quickest at getting their meters updated. I switched 2 weeks ago and my meters still hasn't appeared on their system.

Yes I do, at the moment nothing has changed although maybe it won'n until switch date 5th June?

I am growing increasingly concerned that MSE have encouraged due to how "easy" it is however this does not seem to be the case.

it is of course far easier to complain than to praise and if everything goes "A" ok I will repost.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    I meant to update yesterday but forgot.

One positive from the switch; I received my cashback yesterday so that was good.

As my DD is set up and frankly should be gaining a decent credit balance as gas usage has dipped to near 0 now, I wont be worrying about my account for a while.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • feed_me_chocs
    feed_me_chocs Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My switch date was 15-May so now well into the third week after this and still no meters linked to my account. I'm seriously regretting having gone with this provider now, as if this can't even be done, what confidence should I have that the billing will be correct?!

Any potential saving from the switch is being offset by the anguish being caused in doing so.
  • jessical123
    Options
    I applied to switch to GS, then saw the poor feedback on here and tried to cancel it - not an easy task! Had to call up four times (one time which a charming customer service lady put the phone down on me), repeatedly told it would be sorted before the cooling off period ended - surprisingly, this still hadn't happened, 3 weeks later! In the end it was EON (my current provider) who stopped the switch on their end. Appalling service from GS - please avoid if you can. Just wished I'd checked the feedback on here first and saved myself a headache!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback