I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry you had to fly abroad, I do hope everything is ok. Food spends have gone well then , and like enthusiastic saver says at least you haven't added to the debt . That's my mantra if I don't save as much as expected ,or if I have to dip into savings (this one hasn't happened yet but only started in january) "at least we haven't added to the debt" lol
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sorry you've had to fly away, am I correct in thinking that you mentioned this was a possibility much much earlier in your diary?
    Also, is this likely
    To have to happen again?
    Well done for keeping at it. Onwards and upwards.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry you've had to fly away, am I correct in thinking that you mentioned this was a possibility much much earlier in your diary?
    Also, is this likely
    To have to happen again?
    Well done for keeping at it. Onwards and upwards.

I think I mentioned my dh needing a passport as we have family abroad and if anything happens.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    I think I mentioned my dh needing a passport as we have family abroad and if anything happens.

Ahh ok, general preparedness rather than specific planning.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I'm out all day today but am hoping apart from a £1 spend that's all I'll be spending. When I get back I'll have a quick look at the finances but I'm trying not to look at them as often. I haven't managed to make extra payments apart from one small payment. I'm focusing on saving at the minute for things I know I'll need money for.

Have a frugal day everyone.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I had a lsd yesterday and spent £1.25.

I've been really thinking about my lack of self confidence lately and how I need to really improve it as it affects my life too much. This money situation obviously doesn't help but in general I feel fat etc. I am getting mental health help and I really hope it changes my mindset which I think will also help the money side.

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,595 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lack of confidence may be what's stopping you getting a job so great you trying to tackle it. You are facing a massive challenge head on with tackling your debt mountain so that is no small achievement. I think you should recognise your strength of character.

I am glad you are getting help with your mental health as overall hopefully this will make you feel more positive about yourself. I think you are doing brilliantly in sticking to budget recently and saving for things you need. One day this will get easier.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    You are really doing so well , if you read back at the start of your diary you can see how your mind set has changed & you need to give yourself credit for that. It's definitely a long road but you aren't alone in it. I hope your mental health improves & you can start to feel more positive about things
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I'm really struggling to keep up with writing a daily diary lately. Life just feels constantly busy. I've had a fairly low spend week. I bought some bits from the aldi baby event. It saved me at least £20 so am pleased with that.

I need to pay all minimums today but updated my signature the other day with the minimums paid for.

Jobs:

Pay minimums
    Washing
    Floors
    Sort paperwork out
    Pack items

I really wanted a book the other day and was very tempted to buy it but instead I reserved it from the library.

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,595 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    More than £5k paid off since October. Edging closer to your £40k target on the credit cards. Well done on reserving the book from the library rather than buying it.

Lots of people rave about the Aldi baby event so presumably lots of bargains. I will check that out sometime. My daughter giving birth to our second granddaughter today :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback