PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Pityakka124
    Options
    Hi Land Registry, please advise...

Buying property from my grandparents.

Purchase value 118k
    Mortgage 103k
    15k is being gifted in form of equity

Lender has asked the property be registered at 118k. Solicitor says he will only register it at 103k. Can our gift of equity be included in the chargeable consideration? My grandparents signed a gift declaration letter and a declaration of solvency. The letter doesn’t specify if the gift is monetary or equity.

As it would still fall under the threshold for SDLT, would it matter anyway? HMRC Twitter confirmed we could register at 118k.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank You, any idea how long does it take? We are thinking to withdraw our offer, as we do not progress at all. :( MS563915
    Hi. This is still with a senior officer for consideration, but we will look into this to try a get a more meaningful update.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    bigstevex - sorry, nothing showing at the moment. If the application was sent by post, there may be a short delay before it appears on our systems.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bigstevex
    Options
    bigstevex - sorry, nothing showing at the moment. If the application was sent by post, there may be a short delay before it appears on our systems.

Thanks, a little worrying. They are a company who are heavily based online, I’d be surprised if they did it by post.
  • balldred
    Options
    Hi again Land Reg,

Any update on JGB7AC1

I have attempted to chase the solicitors involved through both the estate agent acting for the seller and via my Solictiors but am not getting much info back.

If the requisitions are still outstanding, are you able to advise if they are issues that will be able to resolve quickly (administrative), or are they more fundamental in nature and will take some time to resolve. (Also I understand if you may not be able to answer that, as unsure how much info on applications you can discuss in public)

Also I appreciate you being able to post here and keep us updated.
    It is very helpful.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    balldred wrote: »
    Hi again Land Reg,

Any update on JGB7AC1

I have attempted to chase the solicitors involved through both the estate agent acting for the seller and via my Solictiors but am not getting much info back.

If the requisitions are still outstanding, are you able to advise if they are issues that will be able to resolve quickly (administrative), or are they more fundamental in nature and will take some time to resolve. (Also I understand if you may not be able to answer that, as unsure how much info on applications you can discuss in public)

Also I appreciate you being able to post here and keep us updated.
    It is very helpful.
    balldred - I am pleased to confirm that the outstanding points have been resolved and the case was completed today. Notification of completion will have gone out to the solicitors acting.
  • Grantlf420
    Options
    Hi Land registry,

Sorry to ask again but have you had any further response on VA1535F

If not I will chase up the sellers solicitors
    Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi Land Registry, please advise...

Buying property from my grandparents.

Purchase value 118k
    Mortgage 103k
    15k is being gifted in form of equity

Lender has asked the property be registered at 118k. Solicitor says he will only register it at 103k. Can our gift of equity be included in the chargeable consideration? My grandparents signed a gift declaration letter and a declaration of solvency. The letter doesn’t specify if the gift is monetary or equity.

As it would still fall under the threshold for SDLT, would it matter anyway? HMRC Twitter confirmed we could register at 118k.

We can't advise you on what should be quoted as the 'consideration' above and beyond our online guidance on completing form TR1 (see section 3.8)
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    bigstevex wrote: »
    Hi land registry, would you be able to check again please, apparently it was sent yesterday or today, there's been a lot of confusion with it all and it wasn't sent in when I originally asked.
    We have received a reply, but need to check what it covers. We'll get back to you asap.
  • Chi-me
    Chi-me Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2018 at 5:42PM
    Options
    We have offered on a cottage and been accepted. Our solicitor sent the Land Registry boundary information. The cottage has a separate garden bought in two lots over about four years. Between the back yard and this garden (with car hard standing) there is a gravel access road along the back of the whole row of cottages.

Neither the seller's solicitor or mine have picked up that neither the boundary of the garden or ownership and service of the access road, or easements granted have been provided. I need to know that the parcel of land is free hold and that I don't need to pay for the road upkeep surely? The LR boundary for the cottage merely shows the cottage and back yard, the garden is greyed out. I hope that makes some sense, FTB and my head is about to cave in. I've e-mailed my solicitor but she is away for a week now.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    :money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport