NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    They actually said:- "We're aware of some issues on our mobile app service and are working hard to fix them."

I think what they mean is that there was an issue with people who used the app (rather than online banking) to access their account to meet that criteria for getting the payment.

You either had to log on to online banking or mobile banking... it sounds like some people who logged in to mobile banking (only) might not have had that fact recognised by the bonus eligibility checking process.

I don't think that's what they meant. And husband got his bonus with switching to a new account even though I know he only used the mobile app. Whereas I have not had mine even though I logged into the online service several times to do various things with my existing account as well as using the mobile app daily.

I am 100% certain I qualify and will be calling on Monday to make sure I get on the list for the extra £25 if that is what's going!
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am 100% certain I qualify and will be calling on Monday to make sure I get on the list for the extra £25 if that is what's going!

I remain unconvinced that they will be handing out extra £25s like free sweets in the normal course of business. I think its a case of everybody on here egging each other on. Theres only 1 case on here of having got something I think.

You may well get some form of inconvenience payment if you make contact and have to chase them, but its not a dead cert.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    £25 seems to be about right for paying the bonus late. Nationwide made similar payments about 18 months ago when their Regular Saver accounts were maturing but interest was not being credited.

Cheaper than defending a complaint to the ombudsman.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Never before has a mistyping been so apt ;)
    I don't think it was mistyped.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    No, you are misrepresenting what was said. We said that you had no complaint until after the deadline passed, and that you were just wasting your time before that. You can't complain about something that you think is going to happen, only something that has happened!

I didn't mention anything about making a complaint if people were saying they were going to make a complaint about a payment that may not be actioned until friday then they were incorrect.

I mentioned enquiries regarding the switch process if advisers had been getting calls from customers making sure everything was running smoothly perhaps it would have made natwest aware that the system was failing badly.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I mentioned enquiries regarding the switch process if advisers had been getting calls from customers making sure everything was running smoothly perhaps it would have made natwest aware that the system was failing badly.

No, because the advisers would simply have advised that payments were being done manually and processed over a number of days... and not to worry if the payment hadn't arrived already because it would be there by the end of Friday.

Various people reported phoning NatWest and getting this advice.

Getting lots of calls from people saying "Where's my money?" wouldn't have told NatWest anything about how the system was performing. All it would have told them was that they had lots of customers who were very impatient and apparently weren't able to understand simple terms and conditions.

The thing NatWest managers needed to look at to work out if the system was "failing badly" would have been the number of payments processed as a percentage of the number they expected to make by the end of Friday. If the percentage wasn't heading towards 99% as the deadline approached that would have been the signal something was wrong. And by all accounts it seems they were aware something wasn't right.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    No, because the advisers would simply have advised that payments were being done manually and processed over a number of days... and not to worry if the payment hadn't arrived already because it would be there by the end of Friday.

Various people reported phoning NatWest and getting this advice.

Getting lots of calls from people saying "Where's my money?" wouldn't have told NatWest anything about how the system was performing. All it would have told them was that they had lots of customers who were very impatient and apparently weren't able to understand simple terms and conditions.

The thing NatWest managers needed to look at to work out if the system was "failing badly" would have been the number of payments processed as a percentage of the number they expected to make by the end of Friday. If the percentage wasn't heading towards 99% as the deadline approached that would have been the signal something was wrong. And by all accounts it seems they were aware something wasn't right.

Surely you are not suggesting that people should ask for compensation ?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Surely you are not suggesting that people should ask for compensation ?
    Of course, once the deadline has passed and the payment hasn't been made, then NatWest are in breach and a suitable compensatory payment should be forthcoming.

Someone kindly calculated a reasonable amount of interest on £125 to be in the order of 1p per day... it would seem very fair for NatWest to add this amount for every day the payment is delayed ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • ricroc
    Options
    I have just been in touch via secure messaging within the NatWest app and received the response below. I think it’s clear they have an issue and I’ve now asked about compensation.

Hello, thank you for using secure messaging, hope you are doing well today.
    I am really sorry to hear that and we are aware that few of our customers have not received the reward yet and our switching team is looking into the matter.

I would request you to please wait for another 3-4 days as this is due to some technical error and our team is looking to sort it out for you.

Please do not worry as you have met all the criteria, you will surely receive the cashback of £125.!

I am really sorry for the inconvenience!you have come across. This is something which I never want my customers to experience with.
    Trust me, this is not a usual Natwest experience. Kindly treat this experience as an exception.

Thank you very much for your patience.!Should you have any query or concern, please feel free to get back to us anytime. We are available 24/7 to help you.
  • nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a repeat of my previous post but to re iterate

for those that haven't got their £125

Hi folks, I've posted this before but got refuted by someone who used his example as proof this isn't true. However it is true and comes from my own experience and verified by a friend who works for NatWest.

Switching your old current account into the new/existing Nat West one had to be done completely online for the incentive to be paid automatically. All switches not able to be paid automatically have ended up on a desk to be processed manually.

For some reason because I did the switch online, I ended up with a letter about the switch. This duly signed and sent off letter meant I then didn't automatically qualify for the incentive, the switch went through fine but no incentive received.

When I rang helpline and chatted it through, I found out I still don't qualify for the incentive automatically but have however now received it manually. Nat West have given me £125 because I rang and chatted though everything with customer services.

When I rang they said my case wasn't unusual and a lot of people haven't automatically qualified because they have switched a current account that isn't one that can be switched on the 7 day switching service and has to be done manually.

However the good news is that you will get the £125 provided all the switching conditions have been met of course. I hope this helps someone.
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure