Options

Comments

• BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Jodles

Just wanted to wish you well with your journey

I'm another one who loves the payday money shuffles. Love the rich for a moment feeling :p

Sorry to hear the exchange hasn't gone smoothly. I'm sure you will get it all sorted on Monday.

BW :)
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks Giblet! I had attempted to buy some beers for my dad and best friedns birthday but it didnt go through, went back on today and they have free postage now! Bonus! So have now saved £7 on delivery and have a box of mystery beers for my dads 50th and Terry Pratchett Discworld Ales for my bestie! Feeling much more organised and better now!

Thanks for stopping by Bookworm, love your name as I am a big book lover! Its the best bit about payday, have savings and bills altogether at the moment as using s@ntander 123 account it makes sense! Though makes me a little uneasy as its shoved together! Got all my fingers crossed for Monday, will be speaking to the manager on Monday as it was escalated on my behalf as it should have happened!

In other non MSE news we bought some new sofas, put down a nice deposit down and took the rest out on finance, it scares me how easy it is to get finance! Think I was naive! Only reason we went for 0% was to make sure we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot as we need fencing first! Once thats sorted can pay off as much as we want with no early repayment fees, can overpay as much as we want as well so seems win win! And they are a lovely set of furniture in a fab red colour!

Last day on internet today unless it can be connected via her broadband when we move, getting withdrawals already!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Pushkin
    Pushkin Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - where did you get your sofas from, we are looking and starting to go round in circles - too much choice! Nearly ordered from N£xt last week but now going to look at J0hn L2wis today - I'm not good with too many options. Yours sound good - I want to pay a good price but want quality and I think this is doing my head in.

Good luck with the move - we nearly moved this year so I can relate to some of the stress you are feeling.
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks for popping in Pushkin, we went with D*S as there is one close by, went with a nice traditional set, got a large sofa, normal size sofa, armchair and footstool with teflon feet (probably well ripped off but helps it move easier!) and it all sprayed so it wont stain (again might have been ripped off here!) and all for £1,355 including delivery! You automatically get 10years cover on the springs etc which is good. I was tempted by Ne*t as well, thought they would be really good quality but just slightly to much money for us, perhaps next time! Loved the ginger colours and the sherlock chair there! I definately found going into store much more helpful as online I was just totally stuck! And its good to have a good trial of sitting on it!

Good luck finding the right sofa, its important!

Jodles :D
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    So it all happened on Monday and I am sat in my fab new home typing! Im in shock and am so happy to be here! So starts my official mortgage free wannabe journey with the new house! We have agreed to always pay £70 a month extra taking it up to a nice (and expensive!) £1000 mortgage payment. I will aim to try and pay any extra bits as and when as we are unsure of all the bill costs of the new house, especially as it is gas bottle heated which isn't cheap! We are fully paid up on our move, should get mortgage payment this month back as we completed on the day it went out as well as the council tax etc. Will need to get on that, but on annual leave next week so it may need to wait another day!

My doggies are still in kennels, they will be coming home tomorrow which I am so so excited about! Have missed them so much! There are no secure areas for them currently sot hey will be on their leads until its sorted but thats a small compromise to make!

Have picked eating apples from my two apple trees and also have a pear tree full of pears as well as a tree full of baking apples! I was so excited to eat an apple straight from the tree, one of the trees tastes a lot like royal gala! The other has a bright red skin with a pink tint throughout the actual apple, looks like your teeth are bleeding! :eek:

Anyways enjoying a nice cider, meant to be watching TV but mostly keep looking out of the window in disbelief its ours!!

Jodles :D :beer: :j
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well my doggies are home and fast asleep on my feet. They have been out playing in the new garden (still a field really) all day and are pooped! My feet are aching but its all so good, blumming love this house! Have bought a plum, peach and Alba tree today to add to my mini woodland, also had a cherry tree bought for us by our very good friend! They have all been planted and look great! Given them a good soak so hopefully all sorted.

Found out we had a blocked drain yesterday which cost £65 for a guy to come out and sort for us, as we are new here thought we best get it done properly in case something was wrong, turns out it there are a couple of abnormalities in the pipe which may have caught stuff on and blocked.Glad that was sorted nice and quick.

Also had the fence man round to quote for us making a very secure area for the dogs, they have been great but needed supervision when out at the moment which is fine as we are off, but really excited to have them somewhere safe to be! Not sure what the quote may be like so fingers crossed for something affordable! Also decided that reed screening may work in the field as a way to make the field more enclosed for the dogs, I measured we need 65metres of screening but this can be attached straight to the horse fencing, found a website with offers on and its £201.40 for the reed plus £40 for some staples (need to establish the quantity first as may well be overbuying them!) seems reasonable considering the area to cover!

Have had so many lovely family and friends come to visit, has been great! They have brought wine, cake and plants! Perfect house warming gifts!

Anyways off to check where the cows are in next doors field to see if the dogs and I can pootle down the field lead free, if they are hanging out near our fence will have to put the big girl on her lead as she fancies herself as a master hunter and chaser of anything!

Jodles :j:rotfl::D
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ah I am so glad of annual leave this week, so much stuff to do! Have ordered the reed fencing for £201.40, definately the cheapest I can find it but didn't order the nail things as it didn't say how many was in a pack, got a local builders merchants down the road so will pop there. Have ordered a big skip (fingers crossed it will fit down our road!!) as the previous owner has left lots of junk in the caravan here, we have also taken down the horse fencing we dont need and have domestic waste from the move anyways, bargain price of £116 for a 4tonne skip!

Forgot how much money you can spend on doing 'stuff', waiting for the fence mans quote for a secure bit of garden as well. Hoping with all my might for under 1k!! Still got some savings knocking round but they will disappear soon. Going to wait and see about getting a log fire installed.

Need to check about council tax, assumed it would all be done for us but others have told me no, its up to us so will ring them in a bit. Also want to know when the new mortgage will go out and when we will receive any further paper work, including setting up an online account.

Still so excited to be here!!

Jodles :j
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    It feels more like a money spending diary at the moment, rather than a pay off your mortgage quicker one! Bought two gas bottles for £110, going to keep a close eye as to how long these last bearing in mind its nice weather currently.

Got a guy coming round tomorrow to help look at ways to make the house more eco friendly, including what the best alternative heating and electric generator may be best for us here. Long term well worth it if we can afford it!

Have spoken to our old county council and will be getting money back for this months council tax, and should get the money back for this months mortgage as we moved on the 1st of the month. Depending on fencing costs Im hoping at least half of this can go towards an overpayment. The mortgage goes out from here on the 29th September, trying not to feel sick at the cost, as realistically our wages have increased a lot since we bought our first home, but with winter approaching I am concerned how much everything will cost, but its this worry that makes me focused with money where I can be!

Jodles :beer:
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• lalman
    lalman Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jodles16 - congratulations on your nearly dream house - it must be amazing to have nearly an acre of land too!

You mentioned you moved from your flat to this house with a 5% deposit... what happened to the equity in the flat or was that eqiuilvanent to 5%... sorry if its a dump question, I was just curious...
    My Goal: From 1st of Jan 2015 to 31st of December 2015 is to save 30000.

48.78% towards 2015 target.

105.3% towards 2014 target. :j
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh two posts so close together, promise there is a reason for this! Just been onto N@twest website for mortgage, wow so easy to use! Very impressed! Just set up a monthly overpayment of £70 a month. This isn't much but hubby and I agreed this as a number for each month. I am very excited I could do this and our direct debit will change in the next 5 days, so cool! It also looks like overpayments will be easy to do, we have no fear of paying off more than 10% so no worries about any fees!

Jodles :j
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure