Clearscore

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tsundar wrote: »
    Do they only check with loan sharks and dodgy Dave down the pawn shop?

They don't check with anyone. They receive data from those provide it.

Escalate a dispute with Clearscore to see if they can find you.

Remember that you don't want them to make you up a pretend score though - you can do that yourself. You just want to know if they have any accounts on record for you.
  • Tsundar
    Options
    Sorted at last, having raised a dispute and explained that their system "must" be at fault, they did something to allow me to re-register and this time it's come up with a decent score. Really not at all sure what went wrong, but knowing how easy it is for them to come up with completely misleading information is quite scary.

I'm fairly sure it also contributed to us being turned down for one house rental, where the estate agents recommend ClearScore for credit checking.

Anyway they were reasonably responsive and corrected their mistake, so good now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Either way, no one looks at the score.
    So please pay no attention to it.
  • asif00
    Options
    I'm currently abroad and will be for the next 9 months and unable to access clearscore. Contacted customer services and they advised me that it's no longer accessible outside of the UK. Not much use really with this restricted use. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not sure that's true. The vast majority of users will be UK based.
  • D3xt3r5L4b
    D3xt3r5L4b Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    asif00 said:
    I'm currently abroad and will be for the next 9 months and unable to access clearscore. Contacted customer services and they advised me that it's no longer accessible outside of the UK. Not much use really with this restricted use. 
    Not accessible in what way?
  • WobagUK
    Options
    OK so I went and looked at my clearscore rating.  I think I signed up years ago, and got an email reminder, and it says Im 519 which is poor.  For comparison I signed up with Experian, and they say my score is 999 as high as it can go. looking back on clearscore I can see it has not a recent drop either.

Clearly theres some differences in metrics here? For what its worth, I have never had a penny of debt, apart from minimal use of a credit card, which has been paid off in full each month.  I am currently not employed by choice, taking a career break, and have good savings.  Ive always been  single and resident at the same property I have been for decades.

Any thoughts?
  • greensalad
    greensalad Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    WobagUK said:
    OK so I went and looked at my clearscore rating.  I think I signed up years ago, and got an email reminder, and it says Im 519 which is poor.  For comparison I signed up with Experian, and they say my score is 999 as high as it can go. looking back on clearscore I can see it has not a recent drop either.

Clearly theres some differences in metrics here? For what its worth, I have never had a penny of debt, apart from minimal use of a credit card, which has been paid off in full each month.  I am currently not employed by choice, taking a career break, and have good savings.  Ive always been  single and resident at the same property I have been for decades.

Any thoughts?
    Is the data on Clearscore correct for you? If so, who cares what their random number says.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 February 2021 at 12:47PM
    Options
    WobagUK said:
    For what its worth, I have never had a penny of debt, apart from minimal use of a credit card, which has been paid off in full each month.
    . . .
    Any thoughts?
    Having little or no credit history makes it difficult for lenders to assess your creditworthiness so this could go against you when applying for credit.
    Bear in mind that these credit reports are available for free because their purveyors are trying to earn a commission from any credit you apply for through them or to sell you unnecessary bolt-ons to their service.
    Use them to keep an eye on unexpected financial events, e.g. an unexpected search on the report, but ignore their guess at a "score" and they could serve you well.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback