Determined December's NSD's thread.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Loz2018 wrote: »
    I have decided to have 15 NSD during December so I can pay off my debt quicker, build up my savings or just use the extra cash as buffer in my current account.

I’m currently on my 2nd NSD but it’s partly enforced as I only have £2 in my account until Monday. I do have a £600 arranged overdraft but I really want to avoid using it.

On my NSD I am only allowing myself to spend money on essential travel costs and food that I actually need so things like milk, bread and fruit. But not takeaways/expensive paninis/ready meals. Although thinking about it I’m tempted to cut all of that out of my diet anyway as it’s such a waste of money.

If I am at College on a NSD then I’ll allow myself a coffee/cheap lunch. I’ve set a budget of £8 a week as I’m at college 2 days a week.

I’ve tried to make most of my NSD spread across the days when I’ll be off work & college so it’ll be easier to avoid the temptation to spend.

You can do it:j:j:money:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Count me in for 15 please beanielou xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Count me in for 15 please beanielou xx

Will do :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Starting off well this month.
    Saurday was 1, Sunday 2 & today was 3.

• beanielou
    Options
    NSD no 4 today.

• Loz2018
    Loz2018 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I saved money on my coffee at College today as I had enough stamps on my loyalty card for a free one!

Although I did end up spending £2.48 on a reusable cup from Waitrose but realised that on the mornings I have college that I can go in there beforehand and get myself a free hot drink as it’s only a 10 minute break walk from my College. So that will save me £4/£4.50 a week as I’m at college twice a week. As I have a nespresso machine at home I can also make myself a coffee for my 10 minute walk to the train station and hopefully it’ll still be hot enough to enjoy during the 20 minute train journey so I won’t be tempted by the 4 coffee shops I walk past.

I am going to be cheeky and count today as another NSD as the reusable cup will have paid for itself by Thursday:o

I managed to move £10 to my savings account today and now have £2.10 of spare change built up.

I’m finding the NSD quite easy at the moment as the £75 in my bank account is all due on bills this week so I know that I shouldn’t spend any money and unnecessarily use my overdraft.
    I think the real challenge for me will be mid next week when I’ll have money go into my account so will have to resist the urge to buy myself things I don’t really need.
    CC Debt:£450 Emergency Fund: £1,500 Sealed Pot Challenge 2020 #042: £75
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good thinking on the drinks :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Today will be NSD 1 :) x
  • beanielou
    Options
    nonesuch wrote: »
    May I join with 10 days please? It'll be hard, as I'm still shopping for Xmas presents, but it'll keep me focused.

Please be gentle, I'm a newbie ;)

thank you

WElcome to our lovely thread.
    Keep posting :)

• beanielou
    Options
    NSD no 5 today :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure