Monzo

Options

Comments

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    bp5678 wrote: »
    Hope this goes with the forum rules but if anyone is planning on switching, I have a referral code for them which gives you money. Private Message me if interested.

We all have referral codes. Not allowed to advertise them on this board, even via PM.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I get paid by BACS for my day job as many people do but I still need cash. My local club only takes cash, and if I have a big win on the fruity I need somewhere to deposit it. Same if I sell something of value on Gumtree or the local FB selling groups.

This notion of having cash is seen as being dirty or you must be dodgy by these new fintech banks really needs to stop.

Cash ain't going anywhere soon no matter how hard they try.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I get paid by BACS for my day job as many people do but I still need cash. My local club only takes cash, and if I have a big win on the fruity I need somewhere to deposit it. Same if I sell something of value on Gumtree or the local FB selling groups.

This notion of having cash is seen as being dirty or you must be dodgy by these new fintech banks really needs to stop.

Cash ain't going anywhere soon no matter how hard they try.

Agreed, it’s crazy how the they want to push the idea that a cashless society is here now.
    ====
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    d123 wrote: »

You must be one of those “Coral Crew” on the quasi-cult Monzo forum...

Weird what people will get all tribal and argumentative about.

I have both Starling and Monzo, as well as two 'traditional' current accounts.

I use whichever one is best suited for whatever I'm doing at the time. There's no need to have unwavering fealty to one!
  • d123
    Options
    Weird what people will get all tribal and argumentative about.

I have both Starling and Monzo, as well as two 'traditional' current accounts.

I use whichever one is best suited for whatever I'm doing at the time. There's no need to have unwavering fealty to one!

Agreed, it’s quite frightening to see the coral bunch jump on and attack any post by a person who has a problem and posts about it in a critical manner on their forum, the staff seem to allow the maniacs to act as they want as long as they remain uber-Monzo, even down to allowing personal attacks, it’s worse than some forms of religious zeal.

I was going to join the forum (as I have a Monzo account) but after lurking for a while decided against it, as it’s pretty much the Monzo way or you’re out. I’ve seen people post PM’s on other forums where they are warned that Monzo criticism is considered against the rules as they upset the coral crew users and will be banned if they post that way again.
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Agreed, it’s crazy how the they want to push the idea that a cashless society is here now.

Starling only brought in post office deposits due to pressure from their customers. It certainly wasn't part of their original business plan. No body ever should be handling cash...
  • d123
    Options
    Starling only brought in post office deposits due to pressure from their customers. It certainly wasn't part of their original business plan. No body ever should be handling cash...

Not correct, Starling made provision for cash deposits from the time they started trading.
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not correct, Starling made provision for cash deposits from the time they started trading.

Yes with a convoluted way involving Natwest branches and depositing into some special collection account with a reference number. Then waiting days for it to be credited to your Starling account.
  • d123
    Options
    Yes with a convoluted way involving Natwest branches and depositing into some special collection account with a reference number. Then waiting days for it to be credited to your Starling account.

There was nothing convoluted about it (other than finding a NatWest branch), it was paid into a sort code and account number like any other deposit, it would usually be credited to your account at the end of the business day or next morning.

Though even if it entailed dancing with a fairy and getting the wicked witch to magically transport the money to your account the statement that you made:

Is absolutely and categorically wrong, in every aspect...
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There was nothing convoluted about it (other than finding a NatWest branch), it was paid into a sort code and account number like any other deposit, it would usually be credited to your account at the end of the business day or next morning.

Though even if it entailed dancing with a fairy and getting the wicked witch to magically transport the money to your account the statement that you made:

Is absolutely and categorically wrong, in every aspect...

After finding a Natwest branch you also had to convince the counter Doris that what you were wanting to do was legit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure