Monzo

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    As the classic sign of someone being wrong online but can't accept it :rotfl:

Nope, I’m using it because the fact that a lot of people still use cash just won’t get through your head and I won’t endlessly repeat the same thing because you want to drink the koolaid.

I would bet there isn’t a single person in the UK that hasn’t used cash at least once this year.
    A quick google search will show you that the use of Cheques has been declining year on year and only make up a small percentage of all transactions.

Might come as a shock to you, but declining and dead don’t have the same meaning.
    More than 400 million cheques were used across the UK in 2017 to make payments and acquire cash, according to new figures published today (Friday 9 February 2018) by the Cheque & Credit Clearing Company.

Like i said their use has disappeared in retail due people being forced to change. Many people would have thought they were essential just like you think cash is essential but when forced it was shown not to be true.

I’d say their use in retail disappeared because they weren’t suitable for the process.
    You come across as a very aged person who is desperately trying to cling onto the past and will insist to anyone that listens that cheques and cash are still the best payment methods in 2018.

I suppose anyone over 40 seems that way to a millennial not long out of school.

You find yourself in this strange world of technology that you don't really understand and struggle to cope with how the world has changed so much. The fact that people can operate without using cash is very worrying to you.

The fact I’ve been involved in the world of technology since you were in nappies (or maybe even a bit before) would indicate I would understand more about it than some kid only a few years out of school. Especially as I’ve managed and owned retail outlets that sold technology and have actual experience of retailing in areas of varying socio-economic levels.

You think knowing how to play computer games and use Twitter/Facebook makes you an expert on technology?
    Don't worry lots of people find change hard but it will work out ok for you in the end :rotfl:

It's also funny how you assume i'm young just because i can see the benefit in these kinds of changes to how we pay for things and move money. But yes i was born in the range defined as millennial so you are correct unless your using it as a derogatory term?

No, I assumed you’re young and a millennial by your blinkered and biased outlook where you think your limited experience gives you some sort of expertise and awareness to think that you know what the entire country is doing with (or without) cash in their daily life.
    ====
  • its_all_over
    Options
    I’m sitting at my desk laughing at the thought that some young adults that have left school in recent years think the UK is anywhere near a cashless society :rotfl:

And I’m only 32!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    I would bet there isn’t a single person in the UK that hasn’t used cash at least once this year.
    Ironically, the person whose mugshot is on every piece of it!

queen-elizabeth-ii-9286165-1-402.jpg

Doesn't seem to fit the target fintech demographic though.... ;)
  • d123
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Ironically, the person whose mugshot is on every piece of it!

queen-elizabeth-ii-9286165-1-402.jpg

Doesn't seem to fit the target fintech demographic though.... ;)

LOL

That is so true :D
    ====
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nope, I’m using it because the fact that a lot of people still use cash just won’t get through your head and I won’t endlessly repeat the same thing because you want to drink the koolaid.

Using cash doesn't mean you have to deposit it if you just take out what you need. You still haven't managed to show how cash deposits are so essential.
    Might come as a shock to you, but declining and dead don’t have the same meaning.

I’d say their use in retail disappeared because they weren’t suitable for the process.

I suppose anyone over 40 seems that way to a millennial not long out of school.

So you used the word millennial but never checked the definition; someone born in 1981 (37 years old) is still one and certainly can't be described as "not long out of school".

So your assuming i'm at the lower age in the band at 21 years old?
    The fact I’ve been involved in the world of technology since you were in nappies (or maybe even a bit before) would indicate I would understand more about it than some kid only a few years out of school. Especially as I’ve managed and owned retail outlets that sold technology and have actual experience of retailing in areas of varying socio-economic levels.

You think knowing how to play computer games and use Twitter/Facebook makes you an expert on technology?

So you've owned and managed shops that sells some kind of technology and that makes you some kind of expert. :rotfl:

Obviously i have no way of verifying your claim but as it's such a feeble attempt to show some kind of technological superiority it must be true. :rotfl:
    No, I assumed you’re young and a millennial by your blinkered and biased outlook where you think your limited experience gives you some sort of expertise and awareness to think that you know what the entire country is doing with (or without) cash in their daily life.

I've posted facts and figures showing how cash and digital payments are being used to support my argument that paying in cash is not an essential feature of a current account. You have posted very little to support your argument that cash deposits are essential.

At no point did i say that we are in a cashless society now. But i don't see any problem in any institution trying to push this because that's how progress is made. There is no technological reason why over 99% of transactions can't be digital.

I’m sitting at my desk laughing at the thought that some young adults that have left school in recent years think the UK is anywhere near a cashless society :rotfl:

And I’m only 32!

32 years old; another bloomin millennial :rotfl:
  • d123
    Options
    Using cash doesn't mean you have to deposit it if you just take out what you need. You still haven't managed to show how cash deposits are so essential.

So you used the word millennial but never checked the definition; someone born in 1981 (37 years old) is still one and certainly can't be described as "not long out of school".

So your assuming i'm at the lower age in the band at 21 years old?

So you've owned and managed shops that sells some kind of technology and that makes you some kind of expert. :rotfl:

Obviously i have no way of verifying your claim but as it's such a feeble attempt to show some kind of technological superiority it must be true. :rotfl:

I've posted facts and figures showing how cash and digital payments are being used to support my argument that paying in cash is not an essential feature of a current account. You have posted very little to support your argument that cash deposits are essential.

At no point did i say that we are in a cashless society now. But i don't see any problem in any institution trying to push this because that's how progress is made. There is no technological reason why over 99% of transactions can't be digital.

32 years old; another bloomin millennial :rotfl:

Monzo should be paying you for all your hard word and propaganda pushing.

Do you know Tom personally?
    ====
  • Takmon
    Options
    Monzo should be paying you for all your hard word and propaganda pushing.

Do you know Tom personally?

I'm not sure where you see Monzo mentioned in that post?. But i'll give you some leeway as it must be very confusing and difficult to follow the discussion on a forum when your not really sure how to use a web browser. :rotfl:

I'm not sure what Tom your on about, maybe you mean Tom from Myspace?. No i don't know him personally, he just became everyone's first "friend" when you signed up; maybe that's where your confusing comes from? :rotfl:
  • d123
    Options
    I'm not sure where you see Monzo mentioned in that post?. But i'll give you some leeway as it must be very confusing and difficult to follow the discussion on a forum when your not really sure how to use a web browser. :rotfl:

I'm not sure what Tom your on about, maybe you mean Tom from Myspace?. No i don't know him personally, he just became everyone's first "friend" when you signed up; maybe that's where your confusing comes from? :rotfl:

How could any monzomaniac not know who Tom Blomfield is???

:rotfl:
    ====
  • Takmon
    Options
    How could any monzomaniac not know who Tom Blomfield is???

:rotfl:

I'm sure every single monzomaniac does know who he is ;)
  • d123
    Options
    I'm sure every single monzomaniac does know who he is ;)

Yes, Tom.

:p
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills