Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    As i'm surrounded by males in my household I definitely need breathing space. Usually every other weekend I will have a day to myself, usually ends up as a walking day or visit a garden centre. It just helps me to recharge my batteries. Even if you can't manage a full day a few hours will help.

Glad your grandma is looking better.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,437 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear Mr Lucky is getting you down. He should wake up and realise just how much you sacrifice for him and not give you a hard time. Glad you got some "Lucky time" though. Sometimes you just need time out to be normal again even if only for a short time. And so pleased your grandma is better, she's a tough cookie, bless her!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. Love how I can come on here to vent and not be judged. I don't know how much of it has been DH, and how much has been down to me being less inclined to be nicey-nicey. Anyway, things have been calmer this weekend so hopefully back on track now.

Today we all went swimming and then home for an afternoon of Christmas films :T. We've been lucky here to have 'only' had heavy rain and strong winds this weekend, rather than the flooding and horrific problems of those not too far away. Hope everyone has stayed safe and dry Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,437 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thankfully dry here in the East Midlands. Very windy though. Glad things are calmer now in the Lucky household. I love all the Christmas films on at the minute, watched Christmas Carol with Ross Kemp as Scrooge this morning, very different but the message is still the same.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I haven't seen that SA, sounds interesting! We have an Android box which we were given for last Christmas, so we have all sorts of films at the touch of a button. Today we watched Elf and Get Santa, thoroughly enjoyed both! Xx
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi lucky sorry to hear re DH hope things are more settled now! Films sound epic glad you enjoyed x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I quite agree about being me time when living in a house of men. I am down to two for a while but I still need my escape occasionally.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you're all safe with the weather PLMBL x
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Evening all! Sorry I've been a bit slack at updating recently. I haven't been in a very happy/chatty mood and didn't want to come across all negative! I wish I'd talked it through though rather than swallowing it with comfort eating - the scales weren't my friend again tonight :(.

Can't really even explain it all, just been feeling low. Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the day my Dad died, which obviously wasn't the happiest of days, but I don't think that's been the whole reason for my mood. I just feel tired all the time.

Anyway, on a brighter note, today was DS2's nativity play. He was the cutest sheep there ever was!!! :D

I also found a total of £2.45 roadkill throughout 3 different 'finds' today. Love roadkill!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,511 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback