Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooh what Panto are you going to see?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Family meal and then winning panto tickets sounds amazing! well done lucky xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes everyone! The Panto is Aladdin at the Sunderland Empire starring Allison Hammond, a guy from Coronation Street and a kids tv presenter :D. The meal beforehand is at a restaurant that looks like something out of Pirates of the Carribean!! Last night I showed the boys the competition page and said "do you think I should enter this?", hoping they wouldn't notice it had already ended! They both said "wow yeah, but bet we don't win", to which I was thrilled to answer that we already have :j.

I gained 7lbs at chub club last night :eek::eek::eek:.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,357 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Fabulous news on the win :) Boo to the weight gain, what on earth have you been doing:( Of course their scales must be wrong! Knowing you it will be gone again in a flash though.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    Yey on the panto win Lucky, sounds like things are trundling along OK at the mo. Are you in full christmas-countdown mode now??
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Fantastic news on panto win. As for weight gain just relax till the new year then go at it all guns firing. I usually find that if I give up losing weight and just eat what I want when I want I end up losing weight, perhaps cos i'm more relaxed and not thinking about food.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news on the meal and panto win. Well done.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I* gained 4 this week!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    It's that time of year Beanie!!! I tried to be good this week but it only lasted 3 days before I slipped and fell into an Indian takeaway tonight :o.

DH has been very moody for the last few days to the point that I was starting to feel that I didn't want to put up with it any more :(. We've had more arguments in the last 48 hours than in the last 48 weeks! We had my Mum, her partner and my Sister over for a meal yesterday (which was lovely) and then when they left I went next door for a glass of wine and a chat with my friends. The time with others and then apart helped immensely and today has been better.

Today we went to the gym and then took my lovely Grandma out for coffee. She is looking so much better :T. Family Fun Friday was a trip to soft play (DS2's choice) so it's been a busy day.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    It just goes to show how much you need your 'me time' and need to protect it. It is so easy when things aren't going so well to just withdraw, but I think that you really need to go out of your way to ensure that you do get that 'space'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback