Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is driving you mad for a coffee soon ;)

And you don't get it..... Good nights sleep and a hot toddy I would prescribe

Love BM
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all. Can't believe I've spent the best part of today taking down the Christmas decorations and cleaning up the ensuing mess. Everywhere nice and clean and tidy (and drab) now. Fortunately I have fairy lights up all year round so not too bad. Mr SA still unwell, he's been in bed all day again. His appetite is fine though and he's eaten well. Took the dog on the park again today as the weather was sunny but very frosty. Also went to the local shops yet again and spent £6.47 but the bulk of this was for a bunch of flowers to cheer up the living room now it's minus a Christmas tree.

Back to work tomorrow :( it will be a killer as it's a full week. Mr SA's got his MRI scan tomorrow night, his carer is taking him. Fingers crossed it goes ok. I don't foresee a problem, his mobility has deteriorated recently, but he doesn't seem too bad otherwise.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes for the morra :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Mr SA is having his scan as I write. The dog and I are pacing about the house. He's still not well and he's also had an episode where he couldn't make it to the toilet in time which really upset him. Don't know why this keeps happening, is it the brain injury or what? I had a bit of an upset this morning on the way to work when I saw a bloke who looked just like Mr SA in a hi viz jacket and work boots striding out to his van and it made my heart jump. I've accepted how he is now as I know I'm so lucky to still have him but it really threw me being reminded how just 2 years ago he was a fit, healthy roofer and now he can barely walk :(

Moving on, back to work today, it was really busy for a first day back. Spent yet more money on food, I don't know where it all disappears to and everything I bought was needed, mainly fruit and veg. So today's total spend was £11.19.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hugs for a tough day Xx

Is the scan appointment running late? Will his Carer be bringing him home?
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    (((Hugs))) from me too.

Rx
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs, hope the news is good x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    The scan wasn't until 6pm and his carer took him. He's back now and he's a lot brighter in himself - relief no doubt. We'll get the results at the next consultant appointment on 2 February.
  • aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fingers crossed scan was ok. The fresh air hopefully will make Mr SA feel better. Keep up the good work (((hugs)))
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure