~Make upto £10 a day February 2018~

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Original target???? Oh no.... Seriously I need to push past the reluctance to start ebaying but not quite managed it. OH has some golf clubs - used once I want to sell - a 40th birthday present. I have brand new archery kit - again kind of used once. Considering selling a limited edition print but would on get 40% of what we paid for it so OH not keen. But a) I don't know where to start and b) I don't know how I would even post them if they sold. I also have hand decorated items I want to sell - and someone at work said they would buy one for £12 but in practice they haven't so I am a bit gutted.... I was hoping that it would be the first of many and boost my confidence in my new craft sideline

you could try ebay collection only for golf clubs and archery kit. Take advantage of the days they have sell and only pay £3 for your sale or £1 etc.

My client who I do admin work for, was looking for encyclopedia britannica for his dresser to display. went on ebay someone selling perfect condition set for £20 collection only. They are in another county but at that price he was happy to drive and collect them.

have you looked at etsy for your hand decorated items? are you on facebook? how about setting up a page for your items. a lot of businesses do that. I have bought things off facebook pages where someone has set up their business. less overheads.
  • Aesop
    Options
    shariann wrote: »
    There is a new swago board today too. It is one of the easy 'shopping' ones

thanks forgot to post about this.

some bits aren't working but don't panic, swagbucks are fixing them and you will be able to submit soon.
  • Aesop
    Options
    QueenJess wrote: »
    OK.. finally got there and declaring £608.10 for Jan!

Feb so far I have:
    Citizenme 22p
    Curious Cat £4
    MB £49.57
    Interest £1.41

how much? that's amazing well done!!! :beer::beer::j:money::T
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening folks

Big, squishy hugs Shariann

Pleased to read things seem to be settling down for you Jess, with your return to work and the baby. It will get easier as you get into a new routine ;)

Thanks for all the info Aesop - as usual you're an :A

Congrats to all those making monies and hope it all goes well for you all for the rest of the month :D

I've a £9 MOC and £4.10 saved from using the 10p off a litre from Mr T from my order this week. Mind you, they didn't take off the MOC on my invoice and I had to 'phone them to get it sorted. So something else to keep an eye on in the future ;)

Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Talia1
    Talia1 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oops forgot to join February's challenge.
    Please add my in for this month please Lynne, Aesop thanks for your oncoming help and Shariann for the totals.
    Going for £10 a day.

PAD challenge 2024 £5363.54/£4180 to pay

• Milly-Ann-Molly
    Options
    A random day where I did not get much done! Ds1 came home sick from school and halted my eB@y plans :(

Still managed a few sales...

£6.56 eB@y sale (sent to cc)
    £1.53 cash found in an old money box (added to my sealed pot challenge 2018)
    £13.32 eB@y sale (sent to cc)
    £3.66 amaz@n sale
    £5 M0rris0ns voucher due (from a failure to print that I had to ring up about... )
    £24.78 eb@y sales (sent to cc)

Feb 5th update + £54.85 = £483.80 / £560

I managed to reduce my cc limit by another £150 :j

Hugs to everyone that needs one and good luck to all the moneymakers
    See you tomorrow x
    Make £/day March: £1490.85 / £310
    Quidco £3,143.16 NSD Mar:14
    2024 Road Kill £1
    March Sales of Excess £240.85
  • cufc_mike
    Options
    Thanks for the tips about TCB and Swago, I shall go and take a look now. I like easy Swago's!!

Had some good news today. My wife is on maternity leave at the moment, due to return to work in June, but she desperately wants out of her current job. Her role changed drastically the first time she returned to work after maternity. I said at the time she should have asked for redundancy. Anyway, I spoke with a recruitment company that I provide IT support for on Wednesday, we supplied them with my wife's CV on Thursday. They had an interview lined up for her on Friday, and this afternoon received a phone call offering her the job. All very rushed, but fantastic news for her. She's a little reluctant, because she wanted longer off with the baby - he's only 5 months old at the moment, but my (our) concern is that she hands her notice in at her current job (she definitely isn't going back there, regardless) and then ends up out of a job for a few months...or worse longer! I don't want to pressure her into a decision, but financially we could not cope on just one wage and I think she understands and accepts this. Plus the job offer is doing something she loves, and it sounds like there is genuine opportunity for good promotions in the future. Only issue now is that she has to give 3 months notice (although still has 4 months left maternity leave). I'm hoping the ML will work in her favour, and allow her to quit earlier.

More advice needed on that. We phoned ACAS this evening but they weren't overly helpful unfortunately. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I'm so pleased for her though. She used to love her job, but pretty much got driven into a completely different role when returning part-time after maternity leave with our 4 yr old, and the way she was treated at the time was disgusting.

£47.22 matched betting for me today.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Talia1 wrote: »
    Oops forgot to join February's challenge.
    Please add my in for this month please Lynne, Aesop thanks for your oncoming help and Shariann for the totals.
    Going for £10 a day.
    Hiya. I've added your name to the list of challengers and good luck with the challenge :D
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips about TCB and Swago, I shall go and take a look now. I like easy Swago's!!

Had some good news today. My wife is on maternity leave at the moment, due to return to work in June, but she desperately wants out of her current job. Her role changed drastically the first time she returned to work after maternity. I said at the time she should have asked for redundancy. Anyway, I spoke with a recruitment company that I provide IT support for on Wednesday, we supplied them with my wife's CV on Thursday. They had an interview lined up for her on Friday, and this afternoon received a phone call offering her the job. All very rushed, but fantastic news for her. She's a little reluctant, because she wanted longer off with the baby - he's only 5 months old at the moment, but my (our) concern is that she hands her notice in at her current job (she definitely isn't going back there, regardless) and then ends up out of a job for a few months...or worse longer! I don't want to pressure her into a decision, but financially we could not cope on just one wage and I think she understands and accepts this. Plus the job offer is doing something she loves, and it sounds like there is genuine opportunity for good promotions in the future. Only issue now is that she has to give 3 months notice (although still has 4 months left maternity leave). I'm hoping the ML will work in her favour, and allow her to quit earlier.

More advice needed on that. We phoned ACAS this evening but they weren't overly helpful unfortunately. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I'm so pleased for her though. She used to love her job, but pretty much got driven into a completely different role when returning part-time after maternity leave with our 4 yr old, and the way she was treated at the time was disgusting.

£47.22 matched betting for me today.
    Sounds brilliant ! Hope it all works out for you and your wife fingers xd
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    you could try ebay collection only for golf clubs and archery kit. Take advantage of the days they have sell and only pay £3 for your sale or £1 etc.

My client who I do admin work for, was looking for encyclopedia britannica for his dresser to display. went on ebay someone selling perfect condition set for £20 collection only. They are in another county but at that price he was happy to drive and collect them.

have you looked at etsy for your hand decorated items? are you on facebook? how about setting up a page for your items. a lot of businesses do that. I have bought things off facebook pages where someone has set up their business. less overheads.
    I intend to look at those selling avenues but keep putting it off.... I am partly on here to break through that barrier. I think I may ask one of my neighbours for help. She is good at Ebay and would help me get going. The potential problem with collection only listings is apparently you are likely to get significantly less money according to Ebay than if you offer postage. I think I should still investigate couriers even if I also offer a collection option. Perhaps I should start by advertising the bigger items on Facebook locally. I did make one step - I joined a local Facebook buy and sell group... Now I need to just list something. :rotfl:
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Forgot to update yesterday’s total of
    Desperately trying to get my debts in order. First of all I need to find out what I owe and who too!
    Can you join the MSE Credit Club for free - they give you a free credit report every month?
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport