~Make upto £10 a day February 2018~

Options

Comments

• bloomfelt
    bloomfelt Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aw hun sorry to hear your having a tough time! Life sometimes likes to kick you when you!!!8217;re down doesn!!!8217;t it?

I!!!8217;m really struggling with the challenge this month and feeling a bit down as I just found out that the scoliosis I was diagnosised with before Christmas is worse than thought and is probably going to get worse! All that on top of the fact that my other medication is making me fat! I!!!8217;m hoping to save some money and take my wife away for a weekend for her birthday. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry about the long post. Good luck to you all for the month ahead.

Sorry to hear about your health nursebear. I'll echo Shariann that it may be worth looking at groupon & wowcher etc (if you haven't already) to see if you can get some deals for your trip away. They often have nice hotel breaks on there. Sending hugs and good luck your way.
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • bloomfelt
    bloomfelt Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    shariann wrote: »
    Thank you for your support guys. I have some difficult decisions to make over the next few weeks that I have been putting off. It only ever makes things worse but we all do it don't we?

I'm off the mark for the month with 10p from citizenme and 81p interest. Hmm 91p - let's hope it improves as the month goes on!

Sorry to hear this Shariann you have really been going through a rough time lately and I truly hope that things get better for you very soon. Sending you lots of positive vibes in the money making front and hoping you start to have a better month.
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I put in a Resolver claim a few days ago and have just been paid out £1202 from B@rclays - not had letter yet but thrilled as it is in my account. Only applied on a whim.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 5 February 2018 at 11:55AM
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    CBC - if I can give just one piece of advice. Make sure whatever you go for with a new laptop/pc, that it has an SSD instead of a regular hard drive. The performance benefits are superb. Depending on your existing machine spec (RAM/processor etc), you may find that putting an SSD in it is as good as buying a new laptop, and at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks very much for the advice, Mike:T:beer:

My current laptop was bought in a hurry as an emergency when my previous old one finally died and wasn't cost-effective to get repaired. The old one weighed a ton too so wasn't all that convenient:(. Funds were in short supply at the time:o so I bought the cheapest available so I could get it that day. I realised that the spec was very low but I expected it would do as an emergency temporary laptop.

I really want a Mac but fear this is a want rather than a need. I've always lusted after one since the days when Macs were quite uncommon in UK. It was always the price that put me off though:o. I need a bigger screen this time too, my current laptop seems so small compared to my last one. The larger screen Macs are eyewateringly expensive:eek::mad:

I don't want to pay for adding a SSD to the one I've got, or rather paying someone else to do it for me as I'm technologically useless:o. So long as I don't try to download too much it serves me OK normally for the limited stuff I tend to do with it at the moment. I don't need speed necessarily and with the slow broadband speed we get in this neck of the woods anyway and the basic operations I do on my laptop I think I'll save my money for now;). It was only this latest Windows download that proved problematic but even that's sorted now.

Massive congratulations on your Superbowl and other winnings:beer:.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're not being a misery, shariann. We're all here to support each other through whatever life throws at us, not just to cheer one another on as we try to make money.

It's really good to be able to unburden ourselves to people who aren't so close to our real life situation. The lovely people on here aren't going to judge or criticise, just offer virtual hugs and encouragement to help one another through the bad times. There are so many times that I've thanked my lucky stars that I came upon this thread and the people on it.

Take care of yourself. Even the worst of times will pass :kisses3:

What lovely words and what a lovely group to be part of, sending love and hugs to Shariann

Just a little update from me

Ebay Sale (after fees and postage) £11.57
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I put in a Resolver claim a few days ago and have just been paid out £1202 from B@rclays - not had letter yet but thrilled as it is in my account. Only applied on a whim.

woohooooooo :beer::j:money:

I dont normally recommend resolver but so pleased you got a fantastic response.

No slacking now, you still have to make your original target :D:D;):p
  • Aesop
    Options
    bloomfelt wrote: »
    Adding in my PPI refund of £7029.45 :eek::j:j

:beer::j:j:money::j:j:beer::T

loving all the postivity and money being drawn to this thread.
  • Aesop
    Options
    sorry not much time for posting today. I have a new admin client who I do admin work for and due to parking restrictions outside my house, he has left me with work to do for him. He pays well though :money:

I came on to say those signed upto Topcashback and Quidco, 2 new games started today.

If you are not already signed up, head over to the referral board and choose someone's referral to sign up and don't forget to leave your own.

don't forget to opt in to both games.

Today's answer on TCB is Ernest Jones

Today's answers on quidco are Littlewoods and Asda.

non referral link for quidco

https://www.quidco.com/home/

non referral link for topcashback

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/

We aren't allowed to post referrals on this thread, there is a dedicated referral board on MSE for this.
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2 more ebay sales totalling £8.50

Thanks for the tip Aesop I'm signed up to both but hadn't seen the games.
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Brilliant! Well done :T:j
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business