Faulty Moto G5plus mobile phone.

Options

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Another day, another incorrect assertion from CPW, apparently I'm out of their warranty, no I'm not according to the terms and conditions they linked me to.

Ping...
  • harz99
    Options
    As per previous post.

Ping.

Soon be time to take further action.
  • harz99
    Options
    Update, CPW seem to be ignoring me now, so just asked them for the correct address to send an LBA before Small Claims.

Three more days before Resolver escalate the matter, so S75 now or wait, hmm.
  • hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2018 at 3:51PM
    Options
    I escalated yesterday harz99, got this today

Dear Mrs XXXXXX,

I would like to inform you, our department confirmed, all the provided details are correct, we can proceed with the swap. Also, please note, as this procedure can take up to 6-7 weeks.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us, quoting your Customer Reference number. We are reachable on 03339 997 550 to discuss the matter further with one of our experienced customer service agents. Please contact us any time between the hours of 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    György Andr!s
    Complaint department

Moto & Lenovo Customer Service Centre
    https://www.motorola.co.uk
    https://www.lenovo.co.uk

I hope that when they said swap, that it was a refund (I have just asked them to clarify)
    But 6-7 weeks to send the refund back to my account :eek:
    Again I have asked them to justify this time frame, and also directed them to this thread.

This was not from the Director to whom I have escalated the case to yesterday.
  • harz99
    Options
    Thanks Hightara, interesting result. I wonder whether you escalating yesterday to Resolver was the cause, or if by coincidence Motorola just made their own decision.
  • hightara
    Options
    They have not got back yet, but I believe it was coincidence as it was from the Customer Service Centre.
    The escalated case was to Marcus Frost, Chief Executive Officer.
  • hightara
    Options
    Was on chat yesterday. Got nowhere.
    Got this email this morning

Dear Customer,

I would like to inform you, that this is the standard timeframe for the refund procedure, unfortunately, we can not do anything to hurry up this procedure. You asked for a full refund, and we are proceeding with, but this could take 6-7 weeks, until the money it arrives to you bank account.

Once again, please accept our apologies occurred here, during this procedure.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us, quoting your Customer Reference number. We are reachable on 03339 997 550 to discuss the matter further with one of our experienced customer service agents. Please contact us any time between the hours of 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    György Andr!s
    Complaint department

Resolver has not worked in this instance. :(
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    In either or both of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 there is a definition of how long a seller has to make a refund. I'm pretty sure that 6-7 weeks exceeds the statutory requirements.
  • hightara
    edited 29 January 2018 at 3:39PM
    Options
    thank you DoaM
    they will not budge, even with me sending all the details via Resolver, escalating to the Director. So from late November until now..I have not had a phone. It is with them.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents

DoaM which section should I try?
  • harz99
    Options
    So, I decided to see what escalating via Resolver brings, apart from learning of the 21 days they then require you to wait before a final escalation - not a lot so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure