Faulty Moto G5plus mobile phone.

Options

Comments

• hightara
    Options
    Glad you finally got sorted harz99
    I am still waiting on my refund from Motorola. I have exhausted all that resolver can do for me. So just have to keep waiting.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    so the success is due to firstly Resolver...
    Well done on obtaining a refund, but how is your refund due to Resolver? Resolver, as I said earlier in the thread, is simply an E-Mail template and achieves nothing extra you could not have achieved alone with a letter, E-Mail or even repeated telephone calls. Resolver is convenient, but it certainly doesn't increase in any way your chances of making a successful complaint.
    As evidenced by;
    hightara wrote: »
    I am still waiting on my refund from Motorola. I have exhausted all that resolver can do for me.
    Indeed, as well as multiple posting here and elsewhere on the internet.

I'm certain you will get your refund, but only in the timescale you were originally briefed of.
  • hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 February 2018 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Indeed, as well as multiple posting here and elsewhere on the internet

Have you a problem with that? How does that contribute to my issue?
    Insult in the guise of enlightening us about Resolver, which we are very well
    aware is a very handy template.
    I have posted on this thread and trustpilot, if you have an issue with that
    keep anymore snide comments to yourself, they are not warranted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Insult in the guise of enlightening us about Resolver, which we are very well
    aware is a very handy template.
    I'm not sure where I have "insulted" you? My posts here have mainly been dismissive of Resolver and attempts to influence a retailer by repeated posts on the internet. I stand by those posts.

As I've said all along, you'll have to wait for the refund process you were advised of from the outset and there is nothing you can do on the internet to hurry that process. I apologise if that is somehow "insulting".

Did you make any approach to Paypal as I suggested?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm not sure where I have "insulted" you? My posts here have mainly been dismissive of Resolver and attempts to influence a retailer by repeated posts on the internet. I stand by those posts.

You are so wrong, none of my posts are an attempt to influence a retailer!

They are however designed to firstly flag up the problem with the Moto G5 series handset, secondly to show how Resolver can possibly help, and lastly to show that CPW (and possibly other retailers) can be persuaded to fulfil their obligations under the consumer protection laws.

If you don't personally like a thread and it's posts nobody forces you to continue reading or to comment, on the other hand someone else doing a search in the future may just find the thread useful, so I'm very happy to have reported the steps of my journey to a positive outcome.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are so wrong, none of my posts are an attempt to influence a retailer!
    This thread is complicated by having two OP's who seem to think my responses are interchangeably referring to them personally.

As I said earlier (in response to you), well done on getting your refund, but Resolver (while a handy tool) was in no way responsible for the result of your complaint. With such a valid and compelling complaint, you would have garnered the same result simply by writing your own E-Mail, letter or 'phone call.
    So my only "criticism" is levelled at your promotion of Resolver, which I think is misguided.

The other OP, though, has used Resolver in an attempt to speed up a refund which has already been agreed. He's learned that it is not always possible to get what you want by posting about it extensively on the Internet. Many have tried such tactics in the hope that the company concerned will capitulate ( rather than have the publicity?) but in this case it clearly hasn't worked. The other Op will therefore have to wait for the period he was advised from the outset.

This is a discussion forum. I was therefore simply stating my opinion on this thread. No one has been "insulted" and it's not the case that I don't "like" the thread. You are free to disagree with my point of view, just as I am free to disagree with yours.

Why attempt to stifle such discussion?
  • hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2018 at 3:20PM
    Options
    Yes, I've read your (long) story and it seems to me that you have no other alternative than to simply wait for the refund to reach your account. I can't personally see any reason for the delay, particularly as they appear to be blaming PayPal for this. The company are clearly determined not to circumvent their processes in your case, but have you thought of contacting PayPal? PayPal won't refund you, but they might exert some influence over Lenovo/Motorala to expedite your refund.

I'm guessing you have also used Twitter and Facebook to highlight the situation?

To be honest, though,I think you'll just continue forlornly complaining on forums etc until the money is paid in the timescale they originally quoted. Court proceedings (if it came to that) would take significantly longer than the six-seven weeks you've been quoted for refund.

Your non-insulting condescending offer of help?
    Do not try to justify your issue with this thread by your last post.
    I will not be responding to anymore of your comments, as it may deflect from the explanation that harz99 has already posted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your non-insulting condescending offer of help?
    I simply offered my opinion that you wouldn't get anywhere with this whatever you did. The main reason I posted originally was to warn you that any court action would simply delay your refund still further.

Fully thirteen days on (a fortnight) from my initial post are you not STILL waiting?

As I've said repeatedly, this is a discussion forum. There is therefore no need to feel that anyone not posting in your favour is automatically against you personally (or the thread) :)

Regardless, I'm retiring from this thread (too) ;)

I think the thread has run it's course already.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

This is a discussion forum. I was therefore simply stating my opinion on this thread. No one has been "insulted" and it's not the case that I don't "like" the thread. You are free to disagree with my point of view, just as I am free to disagree with yours.

Why attempt to stifle such discussion?

Your wrong again, this thread is not on a discussion forum otherwise it would be under Discussion Time not Consumer Rights.

The Consumer Rights board exists to enable people to seek help and advice on consumer problems and for those with relevant advice and knowledge such as DoaM and agrinnall to help in the way they have earlier in this thread. All you have done is carp and criticise which is helpful to no one and only serves of use to up your post count.

And that is also my final word on the subject.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    this thread is not a discussion forum
    Of course it is.:eek:

"Discussion Time" is simply for OFF TOPIC discussion..

(Now I'm certain this thread has run it's course)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure