PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• creative_gal
    creative_gal Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    we'll be having something based around the chicken strips that are in our fridge. Depending on who cooks, it will either be chicken pasta (me) or chicken in a more basic pasta sauce, but still homemade, with garlic bread (oh).
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We're out with friends tonight :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Leek and potato soup for lunch today with a couple of different home made salads for me and probably He Who Knows too but he might want a sandwich instead.

Supper tonight will be a Risotto with leeks, bacon and mushrooms as that's what I have left to use up, pudding will be the last of a blackberry and apple crumble I made him with some Greek yoghurt and our usual cup of black coffee.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am gunna have to use that mince tonight, or freeze it. Not lasagna i do not have milk in and im on a no spend day so im thinking, shepherds pie again or spag bol. the decisions!
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Lentil soup for lunch and I have a Mexican beef in the slow cooker, using the Quorn steak strips we dug out of the freezer. DD2 will have her's with rice and I will just have the beef. DD1 is eating out after work, so doesn't need anything preparing :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    klew356 wrote: »
    I am gunna have to use that mince tonight, or freeze it. Not lasagna i do not have milk in and im on a no spend day so im thinking, shepherds pie again or spag bol. the decisions!

What about burgers, if you fancy a change and have some eggs in stock?
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    good idea i may just give that a whirl!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jus me tonight so think I will have beans on toast and an apple :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another veggie day today for me! Welsh rarebit for lunch for me; DH had Ryvita & pate.

Dinner tonight will be mixed bean goulash with rice - a Jack Monroe recipe.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A "from the freezer meal" of pork souvlaki, spicy courgettes & tomatoes and greek pita
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback