Trying to beat this thing called debt..

Options

Comments

• Kittychick
    Options
    A very spendy day yesterday but it's OK because it was within plan. After Husbands payday we always do a 'big shop' and that was the day. . I've pretty much stocked up with larder goods, pasta, spaghetti, tinned toms, passata etc. Need to do a similar thing with frozen stuff next week but we are fairly well stocked for the majority stuff but I noticed Q sausages are on offer at one supermarket so we'll get 4-5 bags and frozen veg, otherwise the freezers are over 75% full.
    Managed to use one of my 'cashback rewards' dodahs yesterday on the way home, will only bring in around 40p but I've decided any rewards like this will go into savings.. Think it might not come through til around the end of the month so I'll need to keep an eye out for that coming through.
    Had chat with Husband yday, he's going to pay off my cc and I'll then pay him back just the same as I've been paying bank but with no interest. He has offered before but I've always said no, now the card is quite low and I'm feeling like I'm getting somewhere with it, I feel more in the frame of mind that I can let him do this-I am so dependent on him I've always felt quite strongly that I should at the very least be able to sort this.. But now I can see all I was doing was punishing myself. It might be a couple of weeks before we do it but should be paid off this month. :T
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Voluntary job #2 done today, it's only once a month.. I was expecting it to be a slow, quite boring day but it didn't drag too much and we got to bring home a couple of loaves..
    Couple of bags of chips for tea, after serving food all day the last thing I want is to start cooking so we kind of new it would prob be a chippy tea. Took our own lunch and just bought a cake so I didn't feel mean not buying..
    An extra £3 in savings - now £7.59-when it gets to £10 I'm buying one of Husbands Xmas presents, i'm going to put an extra weeks cc payment to one side as all of a sudden I'm worried I could have been paying into the wrong account for credit card... I'll move it into savings account and withdraw and pay cash at the bank.. No doubt a silly worry but I'd rather make sure it's going to the right place.
    Feeling really tired and a bit low, but I think these things are linked..
    Back tomorrow..
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Sounds like you've been busy kittychick -
    No wonder you're feeling tired... hope you feel brighter after some rest if you can get any xx :)
  • Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a read through of your diary Kittychick, sounds like you are doing really well. I think you are right about working especially about financial things being linked with feeling tired and low, but now you are focusing on what happens with your finances that means you notice any little issues sooner and stop them from becoming big issues, which is a really positive thing.

Going to subscribe to your journey
    Reb
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Thanks Reb, I am definitely noticing stuff much more of a financial nature-before I was v much of a fingers in ears 'la-la-la' nature... I've just out the dates for cc and mobile payments in my phone calender- they're only 3 days apart so I could really do to carry some over each week so that week isn't horrible-like it usually is.
    Hoping to get cc paid off this month (by Husband) but then my payments will transfer to him and I'll start to notice a difference quicker.. He argues that the savings it will come from are 'ours' but I beg to differ..
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Yesterday was a NSD, the second of the month, I'm aiming for 10 for September but today was quite spendy, we went to the cinema, Husband paid but I paid for coffee before hand-ive got 25% cashback for any spends at this shop but won't come through until Oct, that will go into savings account. We took snacks with us so although it was a spendy afternoon it wasn't anything terrible (2 for 1 tickets)
    Nothing else really.. Early night as I'm really tired again still after 11 as I write this though.. Night all
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Thursday already. Not a NSD, far from it.. I got us a takeaway on my way back from volunteering.. Long afternoon with not much going on... Could have left before 5pm but there was an appointment booked for 5.30, sadly the person who's appt it was didn't show up so it was closer to 6pm...
    Very tired again, wondering about going to bed, it's 9.05, slept til after 10am this morning, in fact I was woken by Husband which is unheard of-him being awake first... Think maybe I'm slipping into a low phase abit with the tiredness being the manifestation..
    Positive news (must be some surely ) rounded down everyday account today by 11p! £7.50+ in savings... Been looking at cds for Husband-will be ordered from outside of UK so want to get ordered soon, there's one for around £11 so as soon as I've got over £9 I'm ordering..
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Trying to be a bit more positive today. Yes, today will be another spendy one but it will be controlled spending. Still chasing my third NSD (I'm aiming for 10). Heading into the city with Husband-he's popping in work for a leaving do. I'll get the shopping I need that can only be from shops there and then I'll head for a coffee that will earn me 25% back next month.
    Laters..going to tai-chi now..
    :rotfl:
  • Kittychick
    Options
    As predicted Friday was a spendy one, nothing unexpected-TC lesson which I'm not counting as it's a regular expense & would mean I could never get a Friday NSD. Although yesterday that was never a danger! I bought my lunch, which was about £3, then I bought a coffee... I did compromise & go for the coffee shop where I'll get 25% cashback though & its the same price as the more preferred one so when that finally comes through in Oct it will be a few pennies or more likely around £2.50 into Xmas present pot.
    Other things I spent on were a wedding card-for today & a bus fare over to H's office (aka pub round corner for retirement drinks). So that was another £3.25.. But that was all..
    We called into Costco on way home to pick up a couple of items on special offer this week-huge jar of coffee for £8.99 and a big tub of couscous for under £3...asda on way past brought some cat food and reduced stir fry for today's lunch... Again Husband paid..i was stressing over how we seem to be buying lots at the minute but as he pointed out we will have v little shopping to do now for rest of the month other than freshfruit and dairy..
    Back later..
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Ps, just checked, in last 9 days, I've squirelled £3.43 into savings... More than I've ever done, or not since I was in dire circumstances 10+ years ago.. Feels pretty good to be doing it for hood reasons rather than desperation :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure