Lilmissmups SAHM adventure!

Options
I am a long term MSE member and been at varying level of debts over the years (including debt free at one point) and it is time for me to get back on the MSE bandwagon fully as yesterday was my last payday and although I am still technically on maternity leave until August I am going to be a SAHM for next 2/3 years.

I desperately need to find ways of coping/earning a little money each month to cover treats and baby groups etc!

So here I am back with a new diary and a bit of debt.

I am due to be getting some inheritance from my nans estate who passed away in December but probate hasn't been granted yet and their is her house still to sell so not sure when I will be getting that.

It will help make things easier but it does need to last me a couple of years and I am not sure how much I am getting either so I need to be very careful with it.

I owe £3162 on a 0% Barclaycard which is 0% until March 16.

I also owe our mortgage about £5800 as we borrowed this on top of what our house was worth to pay off a loan I had for my car I purchased in November 2012. Obv I don't have to pay this back urgently but I want to as we want to move house too.

I have £1900 in a 5% TSB account and as of now the only money I have coming in is Maddie's child benefit each month.

So I am hoping to make an additional £100/£200 each month through ebay/facebook selling groups/surveys/mystery shops and anything else I can think of!

So I hope you can join me and Maddie in our new adventure of becoming a SAHM after 13 years of constant full time work.

I am pretty petrified at the thought of both being skint and not working for a few years!
Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month

Comments

• lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    So managed a few surveys today, £4.25 on Valued Opinions though £2.25 of it still needs to be added and £0.48p on Viewsbank.

Also got told my Nans house is being put on the market next week hopefully so fingers crossed it sells fairly quickly.
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahh yay! Really glad to see you back. I hope you and Maddie are both well?

Have you put your name down for Shop and Scan, or any other Kantar panel? You register here: https://www.volunteer4panels.com/ Sometimes it can take a LONG time for places to come up but it pays really well for what they require. Pinecone surveys are also great for signing up to if you can find a referral, '£3' per survey
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    I have registered for shopandscan a few times as did it years ago and loved it but split up with my ex and had to move etc and had to stop and got kicked off.

pinecone booted me off after having maddie as not had time to do it.
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    And yes we are fine. She is 8 months old now its ridiculous. Just been on our first holiday and it was fab!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    £5.50 made so far from Valued Opinions and still at £0.48 on Viewsbank.

I had an order from musclefood delivered today via groupon, was just under £40 for 2.5kg of chicken breasts, steaks, burgers, sausages and pork/bacon so will be looking up lots of chicken recipes and using my slow cooker too.

If anyone wants a referral from them let me know.

Went to Tesco yesterday and had an order delivered today too for heavier items. I did have £9.19 worth of money off vouchers though for the online shop and waiting to see if I get a email through for a voucher from todays shop.

Apart from food shopping no extra spending for me this week so far, have had to book one of my cats in for a booster jab this week though!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Another £1.50 from Valued Opinions so far today, now I am getting back into it its handy I am online a lot of the day now so can do when Maddie is asleep/entertaining herself.

Got some stuff to eBay/Facebook group but most of Maddie's clothes I could sell are more wintery so will probably have to wait until then to sell. I am thinking of doing a car boot though in a few months and just trying to sell a lot of her stuff for 50p each.

My nans house was valued yesterday so got a rough idea of how much cash I will get once it sells, she had shares etc too so will get some more from that.

Off to investigate Swagbucks again and see if its worth getting back into.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary.
    Keep posting :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Been quieter than I should have been but been plodding along and made a little bit of extra money this month, joined a few new survey/pay to click sites and doing ok on those but need to do a bit better.

I need to spend some more time on the up your income board and join some more.

I have started a blog and facebook page about my income if you are interested PM me.

I got my child benefit in today so transfered that into my 2nd Lloyds account to earn a little interest.

Do need to pay about £450 off my credit card this month so thats going to hit me hard and drain the 2nd account..... stopped spending on it now though, I can't afford it anymore. I was using it mainly to get reward points from my spending.

I also need to try find an extra £100 a month to pay my credit card bill each month to ensure I can keep the £2k in the 1st account.

Got a few bits to ebay too.

I am not spending much now, well I can't I have no money ha ha ha. :rotfl:

No indication of when my inheritance will be coming, house still not on market yet so will be at least a few more months.

About to send off about £150 of CDs to music magpie but they are my OHs and we need money for carpet, his son's room is going to cost about £200 to carpet so that will go towards that.

Just need to keep plodding!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Got paid £99.70 from work today, not sure why as had it confirmed that last month was my last lot of wages but not complaining! Still got to try find another £60ish by next Friday though to pay what I want to pay off my credit card this month though.

I can dip into the 2k in my other account but I really don't want too yet.

Although with no signs of my inheritance coming anytime soon I will have too!

OHs ex is also moving away with his children soon, its been on the cards for a couple of years but unless we move to where they live now and they come live with us will probably see them less than we do now.
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you and LO are doing well.

Fingers crossed things progress quickly with your Nan's estate.

Will OHs children moving away make things harder for visiting?

Good to see you posting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport