Does anyone have experience of Future Comms?

Options
My brother has asked me to look into this. Future Comms have offered to buy him out of his 3 contract if he commits to them on a SIM only deal for 3 years. He likes the sound of the deal, but the contract they would be buying him out of effectively includes the cost of his S8 and he'll want to replace that phone in, say, 1 year.

Future Comms have said he can upgrade at any time, but doesn't the deal on hinge on whether they get to charge an outrageous amount for a new phone contract in a year's time? And he doesn't know now how much that might be?

Has anyone been through this with them? Are they a decent company or fraudsters? Reviews on trusted pilot go from one extreme to the other.

Thanks for any help/advice

Caroline

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mixed reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.future-comms.co.uk

As you say

I have my doubts about the authenticity of some of the latest ones
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    I wouldn't go near something like that. Unless it's a business contract I think 3 year contracts are now illegal. If a business contract you'll also find VAT is added and there may be other disadvantages. Promises by dubious outfits are common; the practice often leaves punters in a state on here trying to get themselves out of an expensive mess.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks from their website as though they only offer business to business deals which would mean many consumer protection laws may not apply.
  • Debi79
    Debi79 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have plenty of bad experience with this bad company. They hounded us into a three year contract and promised to pay 1000 get out fee to EE now we had to pay it and three months later still not had refund. All they do is pass u around the system. Now we taking them to court
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    3 year contract, who are they kidding? Does not bode well when they cannot even create a web site, if theirs is this one:
    http://www.future-comms.co.uk/
    It is currently under construction...

You have to wonder how middlemen can offer a better deal than going direct to the network. In addition they need to make a profit, and I guess that profit comes from their customers. I would shop around and certainly not entertain this kind of offer.
  • Lak_roopra
    Options
    Hi all I've been having a very bad experience with Future comms they owe me over £500 through cashback. I tookout 3 contracts and only received cashback twice. Its been over 6 months and I have only had false promises.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Lak_roopra wrote: »
    Hi all I've been having a very bad experience with Future comms they owe me over £500 through cashback. I tookout 3 contracts and only received cashback twice. Its been over 6 months and I have only had false promises.

Then you've waited about 5 months too long to do something about it. LBA, small claims court. Though that depends on a basic understanding of any mobile contract involving cashback and given your current post it seems highly likely that you haven't done any research beforehand.
  • Rosiehitchins
    Rosiehitchins Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 15 December 2018 at 6:32PM
    Options
    “Future - Comms” first got in touch with me in April 2017 - and through their various methods signed me up to to a "business" contract with them..

Found out on 21st November this year that they cannot be trusted.

Nightmare and sleepless nights i have had since are consistent with other stories reported on "Trust Pilot"..

i have now regained my nerve and have refused to have anything more to do with them or 02 which was the provider they signed me up with..
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 February 2019 at 4:57PM
    Options
    Its a business contract not consumer .
    As such you are supposed to take care of your contracts and decisions .

<<hey consistently operate in order to knowingly {Edited by Forum Team} people. Given that I struggle to understand why the police are not involved in investigating this>

You have informed the police ?? Or have they told you its a civil matter .

My suggestion if you are a business is to find/ ask your local small business forum / advisor . Or as a business take advice from your legal firm .
  • Rosiehitchins
    Options
    we sent letter by recorded delivery to CEO of O2 asking him to investigate whether his company was knowingly or by negligence - encouraging criminal activity by "Future Comms" and to then pass any information on to police.. we got no response to that demand - but O2 executive did immediately get "Future Comms" to pay the £150 owing..

We have now declared to both "Future Comms" and O2 that all contracts are void and instructed them to destroy all record/s of bank details..

So we do not know whether they will be threatening Court action or taking us to Court or whether any of them will ever be put on trial for various crimes including conspiracy to pervert the course of justice ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure