Couch to 5K support thread.

Options

Comments

• iammumtoone
    Options
    wanttobese - 4 hours in the pool! wow thats good going glad you managed to get some lengths in.

claire - week 4 well done, I think week 5 is where its start to be different each run :eek: looking forward to hearing how that goes.

I did week 3 run 1 today. I was right to trust the plan it dragged me through, the 3 minutes walking certainly helped. I am shattered I felt it as soon as the first run started. I think I have done too much so this week will be taking it steady and making sure I have rest days in between.
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    iammumtoone- i am thinking about doing to Zombies, Run! app too, as the adverts for it look so good!

I was going to try to fit in a extra walk each week to do zombie run but after how I feel today I will leave it until I have completed C25K, will definitely be taking it up after that though.

If you are interested in it I would recommend you download it now, try it to see if its something you will do (walk, it wont work with the C25K plan). Reason is with the free version you can download one episode per week so I intend to do that every week until I have finished C25K means I will have 7 extra episodes waiting so when I start I can do two a week at first to get into the story easier/faster. I will be sticking with the free version so after that will drop to once a week. Just need to remember to download every week now.

To those on treadmills it seems as zombie run will work on those as well, but as said it is not compatible with the C25K.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for the tips iammumtoone, i will download that 1 a week. I didn't realise you could walk it too.
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am thinking of starting this up. I decided to see how fit I was at the gym last week, I can't run very well, I can run for about a minute, then I have to resume walking for a minute or 2, then run again. I might do a HIIT version of couch to 5k as this burns more calories!

I didn't do very well in my first session, but it's been a long time since I've been to the gym. I done just under 2k in 20 minutes. Lots of walking in that time though! My problem is my ankles are very weak and I have about 3 stone to lose, so will need to build up gradually.

How have other people started?
  • WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Morning :) Who is running today?

Me! First run of week 1 and I appear to have survived!

Roll on Tuesday and Thursday...... hopefully........ :D

WR
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Hi Sharon, welcome :)

I literally started at the beginning of the podcast, Week 1 Day 1.
    I've never run before, and you are already doing better than i was at the start if you can run a minute :D

I have just finished week 2 and found it quite hard, so am repeating it before i go on to week 3. The great thing about C25K is that you can do it at your own pace!

Have a look at the podcasts and see what you think:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Wild_Rover wrote: »

WR

Yay, welcome to you too Wild Rover!

Well done on W1D1 :) How did you find it?
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 September 2016 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    I am thinking of starting this up. I decided to see how fit I was at the gym last week, I can't run very well, I can run for about a minute, then I have to resume walking for a minute or 2, then run again. I might do a HIIT version of couch to 5k as this burns more calories!

I didn't do very well in my first session, but it's been a long time since I've been to the gym. I done just under 2k in 20 minutes. Lots of walking in that time though! My problem is my ankles are very weak and I have about 3 stone to lose, so will need to build up gradually.

How have other people started?

Hi Sharon

Welcome, What is HIIT?

I just decided a date I was going to start and went for it. I started at week 1 as I want to do this slowly if I go in too fast It will be too hard and I would just give up, so far plan seems to be working.
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    Wild_Rover wrote: »

WR

Hi WR

Well done on your first run, the hardest bit (starting) is now done. keep us informed of your progress.
  • WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Yay, welcome to you too Wild Rover!

Well done on W1D1 :) How did you find it?

It wasn't quite as bad as I thought. I had images in my head of a bloke dressed in a ridiculous outfit, wheezing and gasping, leaning up against a lamppost complaining about a stitch!

As it was, I drove a short distance from home (not fit to be seen in public in my imagined state :rotfl: ) to some open grass along the coast and did the programme there. I recovered quite quickly, then home for a bath.

......... but will I make it out on Tuesday........:cool: ?

WR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport