Options

Comments

• M271
    M271 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi M271

The 'Welcome Pack' is a slight industry misnomer - if you signed up to get updated via email, then you wouldn't usually get anything in addition to the 'welcome to BG email' which you mention.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the confirmation ref the 'Welcome Pack'.
    Things seem to the moving OK for me now following my meter reading email from BG last night.
  • M271
    Options
    Well I've created my online account and during that process it asked me for my opening meter readings, which I did. It did not show me the options of either online meter readings or new customer readings that the other thread was showing. Hopefully all is OK.
  • noddy64
    Options
    me too! Totally lost confidence in their ability to provide a good service & i haven't even started with them yet!!:(
  • 597money
    597money Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I too got an email at 11pm last night. I used the http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5415092&page=3#58 method of submitting figures.

Electric asked for two readings day and night but I only have one reading so I just entered that in day and left night blank.

Is this correct?

Thanks
  • jeallen01
    jeallen01 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2016 at 9:50AM
    Options
    597money wrote: »
    I too got an email at 11pm last night. I used the http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5415092&page=3#58 method of submitting figures.

Electric asked for two readings day and night but I only have one reading so I just entered that in day and left night blank.

Is this correct?

Thanks
    That's correct - IIRC, there is a "?" Help link next to the Electricity meter readings boxes and that gives the instruction to do what you did.
  • M271
    Options
    597money wrote: »

Is this correct?

Thanks

I left the night box blank a well.
  • BeeRay
    Options
    I know I am not alone (thankfully) but I have heard nothing at all[, despite my phoning them and being told "you will hear soon", which was 10 days ago. They were quick enough to get us to sign up but why the lack of communication? Appalling customer service - and I agree, we ain't even started with them yet. Can MSE bring some pressure to bear?
  • marksmith99
    marksmith99 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    My gas switch was one of those affected by the system problems, but I've received no communication on this from BG.

My online account shows no electric or gas supply, though I was told this morning via email that the electric has switched, gas not until 15 March (original application 4 Feb). Not sure why nothing is showing in the online account and can imagine that is going to take lots of painful calls to sort out.

The oft repeated mantra that switching is easy and stress free is an out and out lie. My parents have never switched out of fear of losing supply, irrational maybe but that's the way many people think. After this fiasco I couldn't hand on heart tell them to do it. The stress and worry my mum would go through if there was an issue would not be worth the saving.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    Ellie2758 wrote: »
    Patronising or what?!

Hi Ellie2758

Sorry to hear that. Can I point you in the direction of my earlier post which covered this?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5415092&page=3#58

I hope this helps.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 11 March 2016 at 12:19AM
    Options
    I have received categorical assurance that I have been a BG customer since 01 March.
    I confirm, we've stored your readings of xxxxx (gas) and Day- yyyy/ Night- zzzzz (electricity) on the account for our information purpose.

We've started supplying energy at 23 railway cottages, East Cheam since 1 March 2016. Just to let you know, it takes up to 28 days from the supply start date for the account to be completely set-up. As 28 days have not passed yet, you may be facing the error while submitting reading. Please don’t worry, once your gas and electricity account gets completely set up with us, a welcome letter along with the Customer Reference Number will be sent to you in 7 working days at the supply address. You'll also be able to see the account details.
    I have received categorical assurance from Scottish Power that I am still their customer. They have taken the March DD, and reduced the DD for April. My on-line account is still open and live.

I find it amusing, and refuse point blank to spend any more time on phone calls and emails.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback