Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just spotted this piece of information on the website about 9am collection boxes:

Collection on Delivery
    Do you use a postbox with a collection time of 9am and have you wondered why it’s being emptied so early? Well, the answer is, it may not be. It will likely be one of many ‘Collection on Delivery’ postboxes across the country.
    Collection on Delivery is a term that describes the process of Royal Mail workers emptying certain postboxes during their delivery rounds, usually during the day, rather than as a dedicated evening pick-up. This means the collection from these boxes might not be at nine in the morning but when the postman or woman gets to it on their route.
    So, how do you know if you posted your survey item before the collection? Well, fortunately this isn’t a problem. All you need to do when posting survey items into a Collection on Delivery postbox is accurately enter the time and date you posted the item. We’ll then check against Royal Mail’s collection data to see if you posted before the box was cleared. This only applies to postboxes with a 9am collection, though – for all others, we still need you to post before the stated last collection time whenever possible.

2020 Wins:
  • notbritishgas
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    0800 015 3150

Doesn't say the times but from memory it's Mon-fri till mid afternionish.
    molerat wrote: »
    They are supposed to be down for maintenance all weekend.
    Thanks to you both. I think molerat is correct as I can login this morning, but it seems strange that others were able to login.
    I am currently doing unaddressed and correctly delivered so panic over!
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As a bonus, got an e-mail inviting me back on the main panel and first posting pack due w/c 29/10 so we shall see how long I get the training smarts. Over 3 years since I was an active panelist

Don't get too excited. I recently had the invitation to go back on after 2 years off. Did the training for a few weeks and then had a message saying thanks, and they'd let me know when they had a spare slot. So, back to where I was before. Bizarre behaviour as usual from Kantar!
  • bigboystephen
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Don't get too excited. I recently had the invitation to go back on after 2 years off. Did the training for a few weeks and then had a message saying thanks, and they'd let me know when they had a spare slot. So, back to where I was before. Bizarre behaviour as usual from Kantar!
    i did the same a couple of months back now im waiting for a slot to become available in my area
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »

That's par for the course, they've done it on me the last 3 times. With waits of between 2 weeks and a couple of months before they change their mind and put me back on again.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • bdark2755
    Options
    Very kind of Kantar to provide me 2 cubes to post on the same day, but why insist one going 1st class and one 2nd class, and one have a handwritten address and one a typed label, and yet both 'silicone moulds' are in identical boxes. It's kind of making it a bit obvious that I'm not selling stuff on ebay :rotfl:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bdark2755 wrote: »
    Very kind of Kantar to provide me 2 cubes to post on the same day, but why insist one going 1st class and one 2nd class, and one have a handwritten address and one a typed label, and yet both 'silicone moulds' are in identical boxes. It's kind of making it a bit obvious that I'm not selling stuff on ebay :rotfl:

Its almost as if they are testing various aspects of the postal service..........
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Received the following message at 1.01am today
    Hello, We've noticed over the past few weeks, there have been a couple of occasions when you have posted several test items on the same day, all at one Posting Location. Please avoid posting more than two test items in a single day as this can affect the balance of the data we report to Royal Mail. If you have missed a number of postings and are catching up, feel free to spread your late items over a number of days and Posting Locations if necessary. Thank you.

Unquote.

Fair enough if it were correct. However I have only posted items on the day specified and at the the appointed date and time of day. I also never have to catch up. I have never posted more than TWO items on the same day from the same postal location. The only occasion I may post two items from the location if one is before last collection, before midday or after midday. I hasten to add the the two items would only be posted at the requested time of day.
  • Februarycat
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Received the following message at 1.01am today
    Hello, We've noticed over the past few weeks, there have been a couple of occasions when you have posted several test items on the same day, all at one Posting Location. Please avoid posting more than two test items in a single day as this can affect the balance of the data we report to Royal Mail. If you have missed a number of postings and are catching up, feel free to spread your late items over a number of days and Posting Locations if necessary. Thank you.

Unquote.

Fair enough if it were correct. However I have only posted items on the day specified and at the the appointed date and time of day. I also never have to catch up. I have never posted more than TWO items on the same day from the same postal location. The only occasion I may post two items from the location if one is before last collection, before midday or after midday. I hasten to add the the two items would only be posted at the requested time of day.

I have just had the same message and thought I am only posting the items on the days they tell me and never had more than 2 on the same day. Maybe they have sent it out to all panellist as a reminder.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I,ve had two batch of advertising leaflets delivered by Royal Mail in recent weeks yet no photos of them have appeared on the Unaddressed Mail section. When I try to tick Other items nothing happens so I sure what I do about them. Anybody else had this issue ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure