Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Parc Llandudno store (when I arrived at 9) had plenty of S&G and lots of Ted Baker Mens stuff. Got the couple of things I wanted and picked up a S&G Glow set but unfortunately someone has had their fingers in it so that is going back. Very polite and civilised, lots of pleases and thank you and excuse me's and no-one swiping the shelves, just picking things they wanted. Couldn't be bothered walking into town though :p
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • lou_to_you
    Options
    Lol..me too !!..woke at 5 am with butterflies !!..so exited but then only came out with 5 rolls of wrapping paper and a superdry set :(....due to the usual two trolley brigade :eek:
  • candjsmum
    candjsmum Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Was so determined not to go this year but finished work at 11.30 and popped into the Taunton branch before food shopping. Was surprised to see so much left, albeit all S&G, Boots own brand stuff, Misguided and Lucy what ever she's called stuff. Anyway, picked up 2 S&G glow ball and a Pusheen lip gloss pack, (dd 22 but loves Pusheen). Got home and looked at receipt to see I'd only been charged for 1 glow ball!! Also had a voucher for 100 points when buying S&G so may pop in again tomorrow when in town to get the points. Used my double points voucher anyway but can use it again. 3 things for £6.75!!
  • PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a very good day buying the reductions.

The only thing I would maybe mention is that if I or anyone in my family or any of my friends got a gift that is TED BAKER, FCUK, SOAP & GLORY, JACK WILLS, BAYLIS & HARDING, SANCTUARY, MARK HILL or CHAMPNEY, they will go straight in the bin as I know where they are from and that the only thought that went into the gift was that the price was reduced from Boots Chemist many months before it was gifted.

I make sure everyone knows this. The list of brands gets added to each year but basically, they are on a blacklist.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PLYSU wrote: »

The only thing I would maybe mention is that if I or anyone in my family or any of my friends got a gift that is TED BAKER, FCUK, SOAP & GLORY, JACK WILLS, BAYLIS & HARDING, SANCTUARY, MARK HILL or CHAMPNEY, they will go straight in the bin as I know where they are from and that the only thought that went into the gift was that the price was reduced from Boots Chemist many months before it was gifted.

I make sure everyone knows this. The list of brands gets added to each year but basically, they are on a blacklist.

Don't spoil the sale for the Boots shoppers!

I would be grateful for any gift however small as I sadly get very few nowadays. . :o
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Why not give them to a charity rather than bin them?

Strange way to go though as a majority of the stock is sold before the sale, so it is more likely to have been bought not in the sale than in the sale, but each to their own.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

Or of course you could give it to a charity shop or homeless shelter rather than being totally ungrateful and needlessly adding to landfill with perfectly good product.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    Well done to all the bargain hunters.
    It's the first time I've stayed away from the sale, been going for 8 years +

Look forward to reading your results!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • moneysaver890
    moneysaver890 Posts: 222 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2018 at 5:14PM
    Options

Bit harsh to throw in the bin? Whats the point in that?? If the person uses that make of product then it would be stupid to not buy them when they are so cheap!
    My mum uses S&G so I picked out a set that I knew she would like (so thought DID go into it) and if they hadn't had that set, then I wouldn't have bothered getting her one. Plus they are never given as a 'main' gift, its just nice to give people a little extra :)
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lou_to_you wrote: »
    Lol..me too !!..woke at 5 am with butterflies !!..so exited but then only came out with 5 rolls of wrapping paper and a superdry set :(....due to the usual two trolley brigade :eek:

Oh no... I'd have been gutted, better luck next time (if you brave it again that is!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure