No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018

Options

Comments

• captainhoarder
    Options
    UU

Body Fantasies Signature Body Spray in Sparkling Pink Grapefruit - I like this scent but I have 3 more to use up from this range.
    Less is the new more :D
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from this afternoon:

Vichy Ideal Soleil sample WNBA because I can't use it on my face because of some of the ingredients (Dimethicone) and the smell Vichy products have is nauseating. Used this on my neck.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    UU Dove antiperspirant. This used to be a HG product for me, but I now prefer Nivea Pearl & Beauty so I would only buy this if it was super cheap.

UU Imperial Leather Cosmic Unicorn shower gel - it's shimmery and has a unicorn on the bottle. What's not to like??

UU Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Pac - nice enough, but didn't do anything spectacular.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    asajj - Escentual are very good, I've bought from them numerous times, I think they buy up end of lines.

uu

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick - WNBA, I have a love hate relationship with this. The colour match was perfect, it is easy to draw on the face and blends when it is warmed a bit, it looks a bit streaky at first but by the time I've finished my makeup it looks really good, however that only lasts a few hours before it turns patchy and disappears. BB say this is long lasting but it isn't, that coupled with how much you actually get, how quickly it gets used up and the price tag - over £30 I think - it is not worth it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    [STRIKE]Urban Decay Easy blush from Gwen Stefani palette[/STRIKE]
    MAC Brave lipstick
    Avon eyeshadow (from Warm Cashmere duo)
    Urban Decay Darkhorse eyeshadow from Naked palette
    Wet and Wild Contour duo - yellow powder only
    Benefit Boing concealer
    OPI mini -[STRIKE] Got Myself in a Jambalaya
    [/STRIKE]

Whilst everything else is plodding on (although the pan is getting bigger in the concealer) I have finished the mini OPI. I applied it on Tuesday night noticing that I got good application on one hand but not the other but then yesterday, in day light, the lacquer looked patchy so I'm considering it done. WNBA. Not a huge fan of pure peach colours. Don't mind a pinky peach though.

So, as we still have a while left in this challenge I'm going to continue to roll in mini bottles. I picked one randomly from my pile (I now have 19 OPI and 2 Leighton Denny minis left) having thrown away two which were a green colour (remember it being from the OPI Coca Cola collection) and a light lilac (from the Sephora by OPI Glimmer Wonderland collection I bought in 2011! - this always managed to look like Tippex on my nails). The one I'm boing to UU is another Sephora By OPI mini from the above mentioned set called Access 24/7 - a bright pink. It's been stored on it's side and only looks like it has half a bottle left anyway.

Wanted a change from brights last night though as the weather has become a bit cooler and am wearing today OPI Manicurist of Seville. Love this colour and think I'll keep it in rotation to use up once I've finished my full sized Don't Pretzel My Buttons.

I did wander into Sally's yesterday and saw that the OPI Grease minis were reduced. I resisted - yay me. Have still not bought anything other than the shampoo and conditioner mentioned the other day and we are on day 16.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    asajj - Escentual are very good, I've bought from them numerous times, I think they buy up end of lines.

uu

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick - WNBA, I have a love hate relationship with this. The colour match was perfect, it is easy to draw on the face and blends when it is warmed a bit, it looks a bit streaky at first but by the time I've finished my makeup it looks really good, however that only lasts a few hours before it turns patchy and disappears. BB say this is long lasting but it isn't, that coupled with how much you actually get, how quickly it gets used up and the price tag - over £30 I think - it is not worth it.

I’m getting a foundation stick in the Malay kit and was hoping it would be good for travel. Will have to give it a good test before we go (assuming it arrives).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »

Thank you - I'm waiting for payday and I hope they will still have stock as they only had 14 left when I checked.

I've listed Urban Decay Full Spectrum palette for sale. Gorgeous colour but I will never use it and I could use the cash. Hope it will be sold.
    ally.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Two INs to report:

Aveda shampure conditioner
    L'occitane shea butter shower gel

Both categories where I have worked my stash back to empty :D
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 August 2018 at 3:43PM
    Options
    Today was hair wash day so was able to use up a few products.

UUs:

Aussie winter miracle shampoo - WMBA, this was a shampoo lying around, which I wanted to get rid off to make room in the bathroom. Had a nice creamy texture and lathered nicely but I found my hair matted and clumped together. I'm not sure whether it was the shampoo or whether it was I had removed my extensions.

Clairol root touch up -2B black colour - HG

Right Guard Women Total Defence 5 anti perspirant - WBA, pleasant smell and works well.

Oral B Satin floss tape - HG

TA:

Henna Wax conditioner - I couldn't get on with this. Felt that it left a film on my hair. Saw rave reviews about it but did nothing for me. It was available in Poundland so don't feel too bad about throwing it away.

Benefit Pore Professional - WNB, received in a beauty box years ago. Initially thought it was ok but soon realised it made my face look ghost white.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 18 August 2018 at 3:06PM
    Options
    Hello, I have an update, then later on, I have a confession to make :o:o:o

TBH I know I'm going overboard this month, but I want to treat myself, we lost our cat two weeks ago rather suddenly and I've been feeling very sad about him but also stressed and empty due to the lack of cats in the house, happily we have just adopted three lovely fur babies and they arrived last night.

UU
    Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner 90ml
    Avon Naturals Grapefruit & Passion Fruit Complex 2-1 250ml
    Batiste Dry Shampoo 50ml - Blush
    Dentyl Mouthwash 500ml - Smooth Mint
    Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur 200ml
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Neurocalm Eyes 5ml
    Liz Earle Superskin Overnight Mask 100ml - Made a lot of difference during the winter so WMBA then, too heavy for night time use though so I ended up applying it just after I'd dried my face after a shower, then it sunk in much better.
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel 75ml
    Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life Body Buffer 50ml
    The Body Shop Conditioner 250ml - Banana - WDBA, LOVED this!
    The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Eau de Cologne 100ml - Love this, have another bottle in the stash.

TA/GA
    Coco Smile Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder 90g - Went out of date, didn't like it anyway!
    Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic 30ml - This was in a spray bottle, felt all sticky when on skin so must have gone off!
    Tigi Bed Head Small Talk Styling Cream 125ml - GA, couldn't get on with it!

INs, mostly needed
    Magazine freebies from just one manazine at £2.50! :eek: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment 20ml, Garnier SkinActive Wash, Scrub & Mask 50ml, Superdrug Charcoal Toothpaste 25ml, Revolution Skin Kiss Highlighter - Ice Kiss plus a toothbrush.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Face Mist SPF50 75ml
    Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser 200ml
    L'Oreal Revitalift Day Cream SPF30 50ml
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 400ml - Infinite Shine
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 400ml - Coloured Hair
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 200ml - Extra Strength
    Primark Cucumber & Peppermint EDP 100ml - Lovely and only £1 on clearance!

TKMaxx bargains I couldn't resist :p:D
    Philosophy Amazing Grace EDT 120ml and matching Shower Gel 480ml (£14.99 and £7.99 respectively)
    Philosophy Shower Gel 480ml - Baby Grace (matches my existing BG EDT)

NBI from Elemis Counter
    Elemis Daily Defence Shield SPF30
    Elemis Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment 1ml
    Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream 2ml
    asajj wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened to Clarins Boosters? I have "re-discoverd" my Detox Booster recently and it made a huge difference to my skin but it is no longer available to purchase :(

I purchased all three boosters in the sale recently as I love them, perhaps they're repackaging them?

asajj wrote: »
    I've listed Urban Decay Full Spectrum palette for sale. Gorgeous colour but I will never use it and I could use the cash. Hope it will be sold.

I have that and I love it! But I do like colourful eyeshadow....
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills