»

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018 - Page 16

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
154 replies 15.6K views
1101112131416»

Replies

• asajjasajj Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last UU of the month - Clinique Fresh Pressed Renewing Powder Cleanser with Pure Vitamin x 1 pack (inc. 28 individual packs). I love this cleanser. Made a difference to my skin especially when I first started using it.

I don't like individual packaging and price tag. It is worth it but more than I'd like to pay each month. I will buy this on and off but probably not for a bit. I have a few cleansers to go through first.
    £2020in 2020 / £601
    Trying to de-clutter one drawer at a time
  • sunny_moneysunny_money Forumite
    304 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    :exclamati*GOAL - 100 products by mid Sept!*:exclamati

I’m moving house twice over the next few months! So I need to UU/TA as much as possible! I’ll also need to throw away some empties I save for travel because I have too many.

August PP

Aussie 3 miracle oil
    V05 dry back combing spray
    Schwarzkopf volume powder
    Loreal self tan spray
    Benefit the pore professional matt rescue mini
    Benefit the pore professional mini
    Champneys hand cream
    Lavera hand cream mini x2
    La Mer refreshing face gel cream sample

Of all months I didn’t keep track of movement well and was not really focused. I think I have only reduced my stash by 3 items!
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    My scores for August

UUs - 23
    INs - 9
    \TAs - 3
    GAs - 0
    OUTs - 0
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    UUs 12
    GA 4

I threw away quite a few nail polish bottles.

INs
    5 - all replacements of items finished off or, in the case of the cleanser and pencil sharpener, items Emma took back to Uni. I bought a gift for a friend yesterday which I’m not counting as it was not for me. All in all, including the gift I spent £22.

I have however today ordered the BareMinerals TSV as it’s practically the same kit as the Mally one that I was not destined to receive. Contains Foundation (only have samples at the mo), concealer (Benefit Boing will be UU soon), Mineral Veil (I have other powders so this will be stashed I think), Primer (will be stashed although I only have the one that’s open), eyeshadow stick (I’m considering selling it as I’ve had unimpressive experiences with them in the past) and lipgloss (will sell this because I have this colour).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55