»

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018 - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
154 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• VALMVALM Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 wrote: »
    uu

Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue Body Lotion 200ml - this is lovely, quite thick and very scented, it has green tea which I love the scent of.

Miaflora Pure Argan Oil - WMBA I used this as skincare and haircare and it did both jobs well.

Prada Candy EDP - WBA, gorgeous scent, more for winter but I just wanted to finish the last bit off.

VALM - a no buy is a no buy:D, something always comes along to make you give in, I find the easiset thing is not to look.

I know nut the otch is real. Rang QVC yesterday and the Mally kit is due around w1 August. I hope its late!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    One TA this morning:

Dr Organic Vitamin E Lip Balm 5ml WNBA. I can't get along with this. It's too waxy, and it doesn't actually moisturise my lips.
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM wrote: »
    I know nut the otch is real. Rang QVC yesterday and the Mally kit is due around w1 August. I hope its late!

Let me just assure everyone that I was not drunk on the way into work when I typed this.

Translation:-

"I now but the itch is real ..... 21 August."
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • edited 10 August 2018 at 7:12PM
    London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    309 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 10 August 2018 at 7:12PM
    UUs:

Aqueous Cream

Ins:

2nd order from Superdrug

2 x De-stress face mask

1 x Argan oil clay mask

1 x OGX Shampoo & Conditioner Gift Pack Vanilla & Chai Spice

Plus 4 x anti-bacterial travel packs from Aldi
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    One UU tonight:

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Contour Yeux 20ml WMBA but probably not. This was nice but I don't see any improvements from using it consistently for 6 months.
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    One UU this morning:

Pyunkang Yul Shampoo sample 7ml WPNB. This was nice and gentle but I probably won't buy a full size.
  • kadisonkadison Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, sorry for being MIA (not sure if anyone noticed but thought I'd apologise anyway!), had a rough time recently and we've also been away.

Some advice please, we stopped by Cribbs yesterday and I had a skin analysis with Elemis in John Lewis, now she put my skin down as 'cleansed' when I said I had SPF cream and other products on, wouldn't that have skewed the result?

I showed patches of sun damage in places such as my lower jaw and around my eyes, with my freckles of course showing up darker, but surely SPF shows up dark anyway as it's meant to deflect UV light?
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2020
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have painted my nails last week with Essie - At the Helm, a lovely red-orange colour. I take them off today and will probably repaint tomorrow.
    Also uu'ed today a satchet of Collistar Talasso Body Scrub. This came with LF beauty box and it is nice but not sure it is worth the price tag. I prefer to use a brush nowadays anyway so WNB the full size.

I have listed few beauty items on various sale but I think due to summer, it is quiet. I hope i will be able to sell few bits and pieces as I've accumulated a massive number of trial sizes/samples mostly thanks to LF monthly beauty boxes and I cannot use them fast enough.

I bought 2 x Elvive Extraordinary Oil Shampoo today as they were half price at Boots.
    Also benefited from No7 offer currently running - bought 2 sculpting No7 blenders and got a free Nude to Night Beauty Palette. RRP £25. I am likely to gift this to someone or sell it though.
    £2020in 2020 / £601
    Trying to de-clutter one drawer at a time
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Another UU today:

Nivea Ultimate Protect Deodorant 50ml WDBA and will do. This is my favourite deodorant and my favourite one from Nivea. It really does last all day.
  • sunny_moneysunny_money Forumite
    304 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    UU
    Deodorant
    Toni&guy volumising dry shampoo
    Lavera sensitive hand cream mini
    Superdrug relaxing bath

TA
    Schwarzkopf volume powder - too old gone sticky

IN
    Imperial Leather Moroccan oil bath
    Superdrug mini shampoo GWP
    Superdrug mini conditioner GWP
    Kath Kidson mini body cream & full size hand cream - OH received last xmas and hasnt UU yet because shes not fussed by them and Im out body cream so 2 more INs for me..