»

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018 - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
154 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    One UU this evening:

Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask WDBA. This was soothing on my skin. Trying to calm my breakout down a bit. This has definitely helped :)
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Macadamia Oil Moisturising Rinse 1l - this is a fancy name for conditioner, WNBA, I love the repair mask they do but this was average.

L'occitane Ultra Rich Shea Body Wash 500ml - WNBA, packaging is a pain, and whilst the product smells lovely it isn't worth the price.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    L'occitane Ultra Rich Shea Body Wash 500ml - WNBA, packaging is a pain, and whilst the product smells lovely it isn't worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Aside from the fact that L'Occitane no longer has a store in the Trafford Centre, I have given up with their packaging also.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    A few INs today:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturiser 40ml
    Ultrasun Family SPF30 100ml
    Vichy Ideal Soleil sample

I've bought a backup of my moisturiser, and I got the Ultrasun to try as I've seen a lot of people rave about this one lately. I'm excited to try it as it has no silicones and no Avobenzone so my skin shouldn't be irritated from it :)
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    One UU tonight:

Heimish All Clean Balm sample WMB. This was nice and it rinsed off very well.
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flora Mare eyecream carried over
    [STRIKE]Boots Extracts Vanilla body wash[/STRIKE]
    Derma Vie night cream
    ESSIE Spa scrub
    Ath and Body Works Vetiver handwash
    L’Occitane eye make up remover
    [STRIKE]Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen for face[/STRIKE]
    Lush Cupcake Mask
    [STRIKE] E45 body cream[/STRIKE]
    Murad toner

Both the sunscreen and E45 cream are gone. Will buy them both again but not yet. I am trying a strict no buy this month (with the exception of that Mally TSV if it turns up). Won't buy the sunscreen until I am going away in October. My PCMC has spf in it at the mo. I really prefer this to the normal version too. It's more creamy and I therefore don't have to apply as much. The E45 cream is lovely although I do prefer to layer fragrances but as I have a variety of small sized shower gels to get through, it's perfect.

The Essie scrub will be the next to finish and I have a bit of a dilemma with this too. I love this product. Got it in a subscription box so would not have tried it otherwise. The tube is on offer on Nails Direct for £5.95 - normal RRP is £19.99! Really don't want to order one yet because of my no buy and also because it may well last me to the end of the month and is not a necessity (I have a couple of other scrubs I could use).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    308 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Ins:

2 x Clairol roots cover up
    1 x Make up Revolution black hair crayon to cover greys in between my dye job
    1 x Superdrug nail polish remover
    1 x GWP - Superdrug shea butter and black castor shampoo
  • edited 10 August 2018 at 10:33AM
    sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2018 at 10:33AM
    One UU tonight:

Paula's Choice Radiance Renewal Mask 10ml WNBA. Another product that has dimethicone in it. Used on my feet to help soften them a bit.
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue Body Lotion 200ml - this is lovely, quite thick and very scented, it has green tea which I love the scent of.

Miaflora Pure Argan Oil - WMBA I used this as skincare and haircare and it did both jobs well.

Prada Candy EDP - WBA, gorgeous scent, more for winter but I just wanted to finish the last bit off.

VALM - a no buy is a no buy:D, something always comes along to make you give in, I find the easiset thing is not to look.

5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 wrote: »

Macadamia Oil Curl Cream
    [STRIKE]MiaFlora Argan Oil[/STRIKE]
    Ren Hot Cloth Cleanser
    Burts Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream
    Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue Shower Gel 200ml
    [STRIKE]Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue Body Lotion 200ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Macadamia Oil Conditioner 1L[/STRIKE]
    Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Cream 50g
    [STRIKE]Prada Candy EDP 50ml[/STRIKE]
    Philip Kinsley Elasticizer 1L
    [STRIKE]L'occitane Shea Body Wash 500ml[/STRIKE]

My 7 by Autumn list

1. Bourjois CC Cream
    2. Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Plum Russian
    3. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
    4. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick
    5. Soap & Glory Cheekmate
    6. Revlon Photo Finish Powder
    7. Avon Glimmerstick Eyeliner in Black

My updated lists.

The 7 by Autumn list never has any movement. The CC cream is really light now, I haven't touched the lip crayon as I've been using a more summery one, the concealer just goes on and on, the foundation stick is nearly done. The cheekmate is a very long lasting product which I doubt I'll finish, I don't use the powder everyday and I am still ploughing on with the broken eyeliner.