Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad all is well in your world.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So it was dh birthday yesterday - he is a great lad and does loads for us so I thought I'd spoil him a bit - we all went out for a meal onSunday and then to the cinema - watched the new film about Churchill - highly recommended fantastic acting. Then ds was off work yesterday for his birthday and we went out again for the day. I treated him for his birthday again - we had a nice walk along the Mersey and cake and a cuppa - then I went mad and treated myself to a handbag - I had no intention of doing so but it was rather nice and my old one is years old and tatty with worn corners. Soooo a very spendy weekend but every penny was worth it to see ds (even though he's a grown man) happy.

Not relishing my cc bill coming through - the bag might have thrown me over my limit to pay everything off next payday. I was going to treat myself to a new bag once I'd paid everything - so much for will power!!! Ah well......

Going to my old neighbours funeral tomorrow - puts life into perspective!!

His weekend I've been grateful for
    - celebrating for my sons birthday
    - sun shining on us yesterday when we were out
    - life!!
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Nothing so good as celebrating with your son.
    Food for your soul.
    Is it a Radl..?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a nice (if spendy) day with your son :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Options
    Yes Beanie - it was a Rad...of the little dog.

It'll be the 3rd I've had. The kids clubbed together for my 50th birthday for my 1st and it was stolen when we were burgled and I was gutted. I'd had it about 3 years and use it every day. Dh replaced it with another and that must be getting on for6 years ago - maybe longer - so if this one lasts as long it'll pay for itself. I love it - just a black flat square design which has an over the shoulder strap - keeps my hands free and was great when I needed the crutches.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy.
    I got my first one 15 years ago.

• milann
    Options
    Phew...what a day.
    I usually go to SW on a Thursday but I know I've got a full day tomorrow as dd is coming home with grand dds for a couple of nights. So I went to a different group for a weigh in this morning - I lost the 1/2 I put on last week which I'm happy with after my meals out at weekend. I need to up my game if I'm to lose what I want before the end of my countdown....
    I came home had some lunch then went to neighbours funeral. There were a lot of people there but it was very strange as she had no family - the solicitor organised it and her friend went in the mourners car. But there was no central figure that everyone knew....after the crem we went to a local hotel where I'd planned a quick drink to show my respect then get away. Anyway the place was set out for a sit down meal - my other neighbours did as I'd planned to do but when I went to say my goodbyes to the friend - she put her arms around me asking me to stay as I was special to my neighbour. So I ended up staying at the hotel with lots of folk I didn't know. It went much better than I expected though and I was pleased I'd stayed.

When I came home I'd had a message my best friends dad had passed away this morning. It's a bit of a blessing as he'd had dementia for about 10 years - his personality went a long time ago and his quality of life was not the best in latter years but it's still hard.

I want to make a fish pie to put in the fridge ready for my visitors tomorrow then in the morning make the beds up and do some shopping before they descend.

Really looking forward to seeing the children tomorrow - wish they were nearer.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for
    - small weight loss
    - my umbrella to keep most of the hailstone off me
    - my family
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    What a few days - not stopped here.

My dd arrived on Thursday with her girls - a 13 month old and 4 year old...its been lovely but full on - rearranging bedroom and unfolding fold down beds for them followed by cooking, playing, reading non stop stories, being woken in the night for 'grandma cuddles cos she was scared' reading stories in bed at 6 am to give their mum a lie in, made cakes and painted spinning pictures with my salad spinner.....house looked like a complete tip....but I wouldn't have it any other way - then we took them to friend about an hour and a half away from us on Saturday.. Myself and dh were going to go to a National Trust place nearby but it was raining heavily so we came home and sorted out the mess left behind. It looked worse than it was and was quickly back to as normal as it ever gets.

Sunday I had a lovely day in the Peak District with dh - the snow on Mam Tor looked beautiful. I walked about 5 miles over the day so I'm really pleased with how my walking is coming on - I have to take a lot more rests than I did but I'm more than happy with that.

Today I went back to work....I'm doing a 4 week phased return. It was pretty boring as its not a normal week and there was a lot of sitting around watching things in the hall. I'm in tomorrow morning and that's it until next week.

They have put me with a lovely little girl - no behaviour issues. Just a medical condition which hinders her academic progress - I usually work with challenging behaviours so it's very different.....I think there might be some long days ahead! It was lovely seeing everyone though and it's a day I didn't think I'd see back in October when the talk was about masses on my spine, transfer of hospitals and nobody able to say if I'd ever get the use or feeling back in my leg.....I've come a long way :):).......
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you had a lovely weekend.
    Times to treasure.
    JUst remember you have come a long way.
    Cant believe you are back at work already.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback