Sashybo - Back Again

Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. :j This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it. :o

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May. :T

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income. :eek:

So I've come crawling back :o - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.

Comments

• buddiebabe
    buddiebabe Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Hi Sashybo

Welcome back and congratulations on the baby news :) thats brilliant. I've just come back and started a new diary too. Well done on getting the debt below £10k thats wonderful. Look forward to seeing your progress

Buddiebabe x
    DEBT OUTSTANDING 23.04.17 £16802.97
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi BB, :hello: Good to "see" you again, have just visited your diary, all sounding good.:)

Thanks for the congrats, was a bit of a surprise :rotfl: but we're both looking forward to meeting our wee one in May. :j

Best get to sleep, up at 5am for work & will be very grumpy. :p
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Welcome back....

Congratulations on the baby!!
  • sashybo
    Hi EE, thanks. :D

Went to B00ts on my break at work today & got 4 gift sets for next Christmas and/or upcoming birthdays for £25 instead of £50 :j (2 male & 2 female). Will put them in my present stash.

On my way home from work, I dropped into see my mum as she's not been too well & is off work. Took some lunch in so stayed for a few hours just having a gab.

Got home to 3 very gobby cats demanding their dinner. :eek: DH working late shift so might be in bed before he gets home (probably should be as didn't get much sleep last night).

DH took the Christmas tree down this morning as I had removed all the baubles, tinsel etc last night but he's still to hoover & put things back where they should be so living room looking a bit odd atm.

Have done a 0nepoll survey & now 85p off cash out (£40). :T Also did a Y0ug0v survey, only up to 650 points or something as fairly recently reached the payout there too. Will keep trying to do the surveys for now & earn a bit of extra money to pay off the debts & vouchers towards things for the baby.
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hiya I've been back on here a few times and am also expecting.

Congratulations! It definitely helps being on here and having a little one on the eay as motivation.
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • sashybo
    edited 11 January 2017 at 12:19AM
    Hi MrsH :hello: Congrats to you too. :)

Yes the prices of all the baby paraphanelia are quite scary :eek: so definitely motivation to spend less on silly things & get the debt down a bit more.
  • sashybo
    Not much to report today, very tired with 5am starts but only one more shift to go until I'm off for my long weekend. :j

My MIL is coming to stay for the weekend from down south though. :o She's very nice but always difficult having someone to stay for days at a time. Maybe she'll do my ironing (mostly DH's work shirts) if I'm nice to her. :rotfl:

I'll let her have some mother & son only time with DH so I can chill out. :D She will also help us tidy up the garden & maybe get a few early seeds planted in the greenhouse. :)

Trying to think of a birthday present for MIL as she's 70 at the end of the month but no idea what to get. :think: DH a bit useless even though she's his mum. :cool:

My next scan is due on Friday afternoon so looking forward to seeing how much the baby has grown and making sure that everything is ok. :j

Still freaking out a bit at how fast the weeks seem to be flying in & how much we've got to buy/do before the wee one arrives. :eek:
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Welcome back SashyBo - I've just started another diary too and think it's also Number 4 :)

Congrats on the baby news and Mrs H too.

Hope MIL does lots to help and gives you a nice break and your scan goes well. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • sashybo
    edited 4 January 2017 at 6:58PM
    Hi Ali :hello: So nice to "see" you and thanks for dropping in. :j

I'm sure MIL will be a good help, she loves to keep busy and sometimes finds it hard just to sit down. :) DH takes after her so I'm quite happy sitting on the couch and letting them get on with it. :rotfl:

Inspired by Buddiebabe's diary I need to look at/sort out all of my clothes but can't judge with a lot of it what will fit & what won't due to the (small at the moment) baby bump. Will try and clear out anything I know I haven't worn for a long time. Also have eleventy billion jackets/coats that I need to go through. I'm still looking for the mythical "right" jacket/coat that will work for all occasions & weathers - I'm starting to think it doesn't exist. :eek::rotfl:

Also need to try on my work uniform & decide if it's time to move to the maternity one. :eek: The trousers extend out so big they're like clown trousers and the blouses are attractive smock like things that looked like a dress on me before I had any sign of a bump. :rotfl:

Finding it difficult to type as my small cat has decided that sitting right in front of my keyboard so that I can type around her is a good idea. :rotfl: As soon as I stop typing she moves away. :cool:

Oh forgot to add I've also rejoined the PAD (Payment a Day) thread to start paying small amounts daily off my debt again. I'm starting with my smaller loan as it also has the highest interest.
  • sashybo
    edited 4 January 2017 at 10:09PM
    Well I tried on the maternity trousers & they are like clown trousers on the smallest fastening. :eek: Think I need a size down as there is far too much loose material in the crotch & they're far too long as well.

Luckily can still (just) get into my normal uniform trousers, what a pain though as ordered the same size as my usual uniform ones which are small made but the maternity ones are flipping huge in that size.

Tried on a uniform smock type blouse as well, it's ugly & I hate it, it makes me look much more pregnant than I am and really frumpy too.:( So sticking with my normal blouses as well for now but won't be able to wear them much longer as they were already a bit short on the length for me before I was pregnant.:mad::(

Feeling a bit fed up after that. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback