Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Options

Comments

• anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    hunnibee wrote: »
    Ugh anfieldred what a palaver!

Well I've sent all my info back today.. I held back as my broker hadn't sent me my new illustration over & the documents say only to sign after I've seen them.. As this is my home, I wasn't taking T&C's lightly!

Now we have to wait for my letter for my gift deposit... But my grandfather is in Cyprus for another 2 weeks :( he says he doesn't know if there's any internet caf!s there (I know there is - I lived there!) So now we wait & hope the sellers don't get impatient.

Can he not ask the hotel he's staying at (if he is at a hotel?)
  • hunnibee_2
    hunnibee_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yea he's not at a hotel, he is staying at a friend's villa. I can't do anything about it. He's like 'it'll take months anyway' & I'm thinking... Well yea it will now :cool:
    I can't moan - if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be able to buy anyway, so I'll wait.
  • DEB82
    DEB82 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I had a my valuation completed yesterday which I wasn't even aware was happening so that is good news. Just need to wait now and hope that it's good news. At least it is all moving forward. Will update you in a few days.
  • mrsrawls
    mrsrawls Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 20 June 2018 at 12:53PM
    Options
    Joining this thread as otherwise I think I will take up an extreme sport. The wait and work Kensington require is harder than completing a triathelon - and I have never done one of those. We are using Kensington as I only have one years of accounts and hubby has only recently gone back to work after being a stay at home dad.
    We are six weeks in now, we have provided everything Kensington have asked for within the day. The valuation was done this week and then they came back and asked for more payslips for the husband. Even the broker is bored of it all.
    I've been following this thread as stress relief and see that Kensington do get there in the end but wow - what a trip.
  • Denspe
    Denspe Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all, I too been following this thread on a daily basis. Mortgage application submitted 31st May, ask for lots of paperwork, bank accounts, gift letter, letter of explanation . Valuation was done on Monday, which I take as a good sign? just waiting to hear back. Fingers & toes crossed.
  • mrsrawls
    Options
    Denspe wrote: »
    Hello all, I too been following this thread on a daily basis. Mortgage application submitted 31st May, ask for lots of paperwork, bank accounts, gift letter, letter of explanation . Valuation was done on Monday, which I take as a good sign? just waiting to hear back. Fingers & toes crossed.

its so long! I knew it would be a long process but I really wasn't prepared for them asking for information they already had if they had read the bank statements. I'm trying not to stress about it as that won't change the speed.
  • anfieldred
    Options
    For some people in this thread it has been quite easy to be fair - think it depends on each situation. If you've had the valuation done and it's at the right figure I'd say you're almost there. I'm still waiting to get my offer clarified/amended.

My AIP was on 4th May, and my valuation was 23rd May, so it's been just under a month from valuation to offer after a bit of chasing /confirming an old loan.
  • Denspe
    Denspe Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So still now news today, called my broker 3 times in the last couple of days for an update & they!!!8217;ve not returned my calls. I guess things are still being assessed but it would of been courteous to return my calls. Just sent an email asking for an update. Anyone else had any news?
  • DEB82
    DEB82 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    No news still my end.

Had my valuation completed on the 18/6 and sent in my landlords reference on 21/6. Broker told me yesterday that they now have everything so I'm hoping to receive an answer this week.

24/5/18 - Offer accepted on property
    24/5/18 - DIP
    25/5/18 - Full application submitted + valuation fee
    30/5/18 - Came back with 10 points that needed clarification and required different solicitors
    8/6/18 - Sent all information requested across
    14/6/18 - Requested landlord and accountants reference
    18/6/18 - Valuation completed
    21/6/18 - Confirmed they have received all required information (for now)
  • anfieldred
    Options
    Denspe wrote: »
    So still now news today, called my broker 3 times in the last couple of days for an update & they!!!8217;ve not returned my calls. I guess things are still being assessed but it would of been courteous to return my calls. Just sent an email asking for an update. Anyone else had any news?

Had the same - think it's more the lender than the broker to be honest.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback