• Drlk
    Drlk Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Drlk said:
    Just to share in the anxiety. 

15/12/24: DIP and Full app
    18/12/24: 1st Qs, usual stuff of payslips, P60s etc
    21/12/24: Instructed valuation and 2nd round of Qs (looong list but all relatively straight forward and easy to answer).  

I thought valuation was good sign, but then got the list of questions.  KM were very quick to review the first lot of docs, but with the Xmas and new year break I suspect it will all have slowed to a stop and we’ll be in for a long very anxious January :( 
    Really good to know that your are making progress with your application. Valuation is a good sign from what I’ve read so far and KM pay for that and won’t probably do so if they think there’s something wrong. Was thinking the same about their timescales as the break might have had some impact too. Can you share an example of the sort of questions they asked 2nd round if that’s okay? I’m very anxious as we’ve not heard anything back since sending in our P60’s no valuation date, nothing. Praying for us all still waiting 🙏
    Some questions where of things we had already put in the application but they wanted us to confirm or evidence.  E.g. how will we pay off credit cards (equity in our current house), and provide evidence of the offer we’ve received on our current house.  A few others were specifics on our P60s and various account information.  Our MA thinks they are just waiting on the valuation now, so it seems positive… the anxiety isn’t any less thou.  I don’t think I’ll get a good night sleep again until we are in the new house! 
    Thanks for this. I can barely sleep myself and can’t help but worry about the application or that something may go wrong. Can’t wait to get this all process behind me so praying to reach completion as soon as possible. Our valuation was booked for today so hoping that it goes well. Shouldn’t be long now for all of us. Please let us know if you hear anything. Wishing us all the best. 
  • That’s good news that there is progress! Fingers crossed for us both! 

I don’t think I’ll ever want to move again after this.  Not sure if I’m just getting older or if I have blanked it out, but I don’t remember it being this stressful with previous house moves! 
  • JohnK2506
    Options
    Hi all, new to this forum and thread.

Just looking to see if anyone can recommend a conveyancing solicitor who could submit an offer for us as FTB through Kensington? 

Thanks
  • cardiff193
    cardiff193 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    We found the process relatively straight forward with Kensington (2 weeks approval from application). My partner has 2 missed payments on his file from 3-4 years ago so unfortunately a high street lender wouldn't touch us. 

Offer on house accepted start November 
    DIP submitted and approved 23rd November
    All documents submitted 27th November for full application - 3 months bank statements, 2 months payslips, P60s.
    Hard credit search carried out 28th November
    More queries and documents requested 30th November
    Valuation booked in for 7th December
    Mortgage application approved 8th December 

Bare in mind: There aren't many approved solicitors on Kensingtons panel which made us wary. We initially applied to go with ONP who said they couldn't even open a case file for us for 2 weeks(!) We eventually went with Hawkins Law who have been brilliant and on the ball - highly recommend. 

• BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey all! 

Myself and OH have applied with Kensington, I don't have the best credit history and my OH is self employed So far we have

07/03/2024 - DIP same day
    08/03/2024 - asked for lots of documents regarding some info on OH bank statements etc 
    12/03/2024 - Phone call for Surveyor to come visit 

Fingers crossed!
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Bit of an update from mortgage advisor "The underwriter is looking at your case this afternoon so I’m sure they will want something else…..probably what the dog had for breakfast!!" 
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Update again -

Kensington asked for more proof of OH ebays invoices for items sent, also asked for update on driving license which we're waiting to get back and the underwriter was looking at the case for us yesterday eve. 

Mortgage advisor is dropping the mortgage in principle to my estate agents, estate agents rang for names to confirm paperwork and to write references for Kensington as they requested. 

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Update again - we got our offer!

Debt owed;
  • Hopeful0324
    Hopeful0324 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    BlueJ94 said:
    Update again - we got our offer!
    Congratulations!!! :smile:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing