🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Options

Comments

• Catfer1289
    Catfer1289 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi,

does anyone know if the “donor gift deposit form” is one of the last things they ask for/check? It’s been around 8 days since we put our application in :) 
    I was asked for this on our first lot of questions but we were no longer using the gift as we’ve saved the deposit - we applied on the 23rd April, came back to us on 30th with questions which were answered straight away but we’ve not had any further update since🙃
  • Onedayitwillbeworthit
    Options
    Also they have asked for my landlords details, no issues with me giving them it but he’s sometimes abroad and doesn’t always get back to people does the delay the process too ? 
  • Onedayitwillbeworthit
    Options
    Catfer189

thank you, hopefully the stress will all be worth it. What questions did they ask you ? 
  • Catfer1289
    First Post
    Options
    Catfer189

thank you, hopefully the stress will all be worth it. What questions did they ask you ? 
    They asked the standard stuff like p60 & wage slips from me, then 12 months of invoices for my partner! They then came back and requested gifted deposit but as mentioned, this wasn’t needed & also asked for my landlords details but I explained to them that we’d moved back in with my parents to save as much as we possibly can. It has been so difficult with my partner being self employed, I have an awful feeling that we won’t be accepted purely because Kensington seem to be so nit picky. 
  • Onedayitwillbeworthit
    Options
    I hope it goes well for you! Please keep me posted with what they say next to you, we put our application in 2 days after you :) 
  • Catfer1289
    First Post
    Options
    I hope it goes well for you! Please keep me posted with what they say next to you, we put our application in 2 days after you :) 
    They’ve come back to me this morning and asked for the £300 valuation fee! Fingers crossed🥳
  • Onedayitwillbeworthit
    Options
    Amazing well done! How come you have to pay? It’s free with Kensington ? 
  • Catfer1289
    First Post
    Options
    Amazing well done! How come you have to pay? It’s free with Kensington ? 
    God knows, they requested it before they could progress but if applications unsuccessful then it will refunded. They came back and asked for more info on previous address history, how I work seen as my office is 4 hours away (it isn’t, it’s only 20 mins away and I work from home) and also how I plan to pay the mortgage on maternity pay (I go back in a few weeks as that’s when my full pay finishes). Seems like they’re asking 2000 questions, all we want is the offer🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Cbolton1987
    Cbolton1987 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    We've just received our offer, 5 weeks from application. Went better than I thought to say I'd only got 1 years accounts self employed. Didn't get too many questions to answer to either.
    It takes a while but just be honest and it'll come
  • Catfer1289
    First Post
    Options
    We've just received our offer, 5 weeks from application. Went better than I thought to say I'd only got 1 years accounts self employed. Didn't get too many questions to answer to either.
    It takes a while but just be honest and it'll come
    We’re now 4 weeks in and they requested more information on Friday, we’re getting so fed up as no valuation has even been booked yet. I’m at the point that I’m ready to throw the towel in and withdraw our application! They’ve come back 3 times for more information so it’s just getting tedious now 🤦🏼‍♀️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure