Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a bad idea ed :D

I have an iPad 4 and love it, it might be worth having a look at deals out there as I got this for £280 last year as it wasn't the newest model. I've seen them at cex second hand and I think you get a guarantee there too. If it's just for matched betting though, could you get a cheaper tab?
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately some of the freebies are tied to IOS. I can do the android offers using an emulator through my browser, but not with IOS.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Whooo it's snowing here :snow_grin. Only a little though! The journey to work won't be fun, the traffic is so bad lately anyway.

£44.17 spent at lidl on Sunday out of the £200 budget, it's definatly cheaper for lots of things there. I need to do much more proper cooking this month otherwise it will be a struggle. Ive Already cooked a couple of Spanish omelettes and a sag aloo for work lunches.

I'm still taking the tablets for my throat so can't drink alcohol, that is helping a lot with the food budget :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are the tablets helping Newgirly? Food is the biggest area we probably still overspend but my children empty the fruit bowl as fast as I can fill it. It's like feeding 4 adults in this house!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi cath, the tablets are for stress which can cause the "globus" lump in the throat feeling but so can acid reflux so I'm taking gaviscon after eating all the time and it has improved a lot, not sure which is working so am still doing both until it hopefully goes away for good :)

Fruit is so expensive isn't it, I find my lots wolf down grapes /strawberries/ expensive fresh fruit pots, but don't want apples bananas etc. lidls was good for fruit the other day and does a few bulk offers on boxes of oranges and apples etc. - have you tried there?

Just had a lovely meal round a friends house with the girls tonight, just what was needed after a busy day at work. I'm trying to design a few new products and branding for the business to sell, with virtually no budget and no experience, plus as many different opinions on what will work as there are staff :rotfl:

We are a very high end manufacturer of books /albums etc. but supply to designer names who sell the products on for huge mark ups. Seen as so much of this type of selling is online now , apart from the issues of not competing with our own customers too much , I can't see why we can't sell direct ourselves a bit more than we are. To do this though I think we need a stronger brand image and some new products to sell, plus some very high end packaging as the products can cost £100's each , so our current bubble wrap and brown paper is not really good enough!

Oops sorry for the work waffling, I have too much whirring around tonight :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    Eek! I've spent £77.92 of febs £200 budget :eek: I bougt some pjs and a jumper for a friends birthday for £12 in Asda yesterday, plus bought me and my friend lunch in Costco. So I need to keep under £22 for this weeks top up shop, if I get organised and use some of the masses of stuff we have then it should be ok :)

The loan money came through yesterday :T well, the part we borrowed did. Just waiting on the other larger secured part to be official and we are hopefully good to go to buy the unit we are renting, they want it secured on our house as well as the unit which is a worry but our other options are zero.

We've found out that a few industrial estates where we are are being sold off for housing in the next two years, so competition to rent will be crazy considering there is already hardly any commercial space available.
  • newgirly
    Options
    £21.06 spend in Mr t last night, I went to the massive one to try and get some Yellow stickered veg, none there at all but I did get a few cheap loaves and rolls that I've frozen, plus lots of cheap biscuits to tide the kids over snack wise as "fruit is not a snack" ! Also bought myself some 31p cornflakes which were ok.

Nothing planned for this weekend, dh is working with dd and I think I'll just do a bit of cooking and cleaning. Hope everyone has a great weekend.:)
  • newgirly
    Options
    I'm attempting to start the 5/2 diet today, I have tried before but only made it to about lunchtime before I went over :rotfl:
    The plan is to eat four bananas and drink tea and coffee with milk all day, I'm not that keen on banans but thought for 100 cals ish each they are the most filling thing I can think of.

£200 challenge is hard this week as I overspent last weeks £50. Everyone is getting plenty of proper meals and packed lunches, but there is restlessness about that lack of easy snacks ie. Pot noodles for the boys and chocolate for dd, I suppose it won't hurt them :p I do have a kilo bag of popping corn so that's a good alternative to the shed loads of crisps we get through.
  • newgirly
    Options
    I've had iPad problems all week, just restored and it seems to be working on and off now. I am very tempted to but a tesco hudl 2 as I seem to be quite unlucky with iPads lately. I've already spent £30 getting the screen repaired and there are more problems, the warranty. Is invalid as it was repaired not by Apple (they wanted £220 and it didn't cost that much more to buy) sooo annoying :mad:

Not much else to report really, still trying to keep to the grocery budget.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi newgirly.
    it sounds like you are living in interesting times!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback